Jewish Vocational Service , a nonprofit workforce development organization, seeks a full-time Career Navigator to recruit candidates for the Caring for our Seniors: A Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program and to provide case management and coaching services to African-American, Black and Latino populations who have been out of the formal workforce for several years.
The Career Navigator will deliver high quality coaching, case management, and workshop facilitation. This position also involves working collaboratively with the program manager to support the outreach and assessment process to recruit and interview top quality candidates. This position is located at 75 Federal Street, Boston.
The right candidate will have:
• 2 years of experience in career coaching/case management/advocacy/adult education field with excellent knowledge of coaching tools and strategies required
• Experience working with low-income people of color, preferably in the greater Boston area, strongly preferred
• Understanding the gamut of Elder Care, including in-home care, Skilled Nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, rehabilitation centers, hospitals, and hospice desired
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required
• Experience teaching adult learners and non-native English speakers preferred
• Associates Degree required in related area (Coaching/Career Counseling, Human Resources, Psychology, Social Work, or Education)
Work hours are generally 9-5 Monday through Friday (full-time 35 hours/week). As a full-time employee, you will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), short and long term disability and life insurance plans. A robust paid time off plan is also part of the offering. This position requires attending occasional off-site meetings with partner organizations in and around the greater Boston area. JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services. JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.