Let's Get Ready (LGR) is an innovative, growing nonprofit that provides high school students from low-income circumstances with free SAT preparation, admissions counseling, and other support services needed to gain admission to and graduate from college. In collaboration with colleges, high schools, and community organizations, LGR has grown to serve roughly 9,000 high school students annually through more than 80 programs from Philadelphia to Maine. With a $4.5 million budget and a staff of 28, LGR operates out of its headquarters in NYC and a regional office in Boston. LGR plans to significantly grow the number of students served over the next three years, and is focused on substantially increasing the awareness of results necessary to support this future growth.
LGR uses a unique near-peer model that is proven to connect with students from low-income and first-generation college-going backgrounds. LGR engages and trains college student volunteer Coaches to deliver services. Some Coaches come from similar circumstances to those of the high school students; all have recently gone through the college admission, financial aid, and matriculation processes. From this vantage point, they can connect with high school students and impact them deeply, offering encouragement, inspiration, confidence, and guidance that deliver tremendous results.
LGR high school students are extraordinarily successful; in fact, 92% of them gain admission to college. LGR then supports their transition and ultimate success, leveraging the near-peer model throughout the college experience by pairing students with more senior college peers who can help them adjust, adapt, and succeed through to graduation. LGR college students graduate at 5 times the national average for students from low-income circumstances.
For more information, visit www.letsgetready.org
Let’s Get Ready has committed to tracking all students to and through college and providing them with the support and resources they need to be successful with a focus in the areas of Academic Commitment and Performance, Social and Emotional Skill Development, Career Development, and Financial Aid. Success Program Managers report to the Director of College Success and oversee the implementation, management, and enhancement of Let’s Get Ready’s College Success initiative. Program Managers focus on increasing student engagement in programmatic offerings in order to help students matriculate to college and work towards our ultimate goal of college graduation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Success Site Management:
Trained upperclassmen, known as Student Success Coordinators, orient freshmen and sophomores to college life, connect them with resources and support systems, and provide positive reinforcement through 1:1 meetings and campus events under the leadership and guidance of Let’s Get Ready. The focus of Let’s Get Ready’s research based design is to enable students – individually and as cohorts – to develop institutional and informal allies on campus. Each Program Manager oversees approximately six Success Sites.
- Recruit, hire, train, and support Student Success Coordinators for caseload of Peer Success sites
- Track and drive student engagement and progress towards organizational benchmarks
- Build relationships with administrators at college and university partners
- Oversee and perform administrative and logistical support functions
- Provide students with personalized guidance, information, and reminders through a two-way texting platform
- Deliver phone based and in person supports for high school seniors and college students around issues related to college matriculation and persistence
- Plan ongoing workshops surrounding transitioning to college, career readiness, financial aid renewal, and scholarship information
- Assist in the development and refinement of new targeted programmatic interventions to ensure all students enroll in, and graduate from, college
- Collaborate with LGR’s program team to ensure a strong student pipeline across all programs
Program Manager roles are full-time; some travel to college campuses is required; occasional evening and weekend work is required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A genuine passion for and commitment to LGR’s mission
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Experience developing trusting relationships with and/or managing college students
- Demonstrates a solutions-oriented approach and an enthusiastic response to challenges
- Proven project and/or people management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Belief that a diverse and inclusive environment will produce the most impact for LGR's students; an ability to build respectful, productive relationships with team members and communities of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the market and experience.
Let’s Get Ready is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include New England College Success Program Manager in the subject line.