As a member of the Development team, this position has primary responsibility for the organization’s external events programs and promotions. The position is the steward of and liaison with third-party events, which are organized to benefit our organization. As a member of the Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island team, this position works with the entire team towards the overall goal to advance towards our ultimate vision of fulfilling the wish of every eligible child. This position is based out of our Boston office.
External Events Program
- Manages the portfolio of external events and promotions to ensure these fundraisers adhere to the organization’s policies and standards and cultivates event/promotion organizers to ensure their continued support.
- Executes day-to-day activities to support external events including responding to inquiries; intake of external event proposals; processing of the Special Event Licensing proposals; maintaining a productive, communicative working relationship with external organizers; managing volunteer participation; ensuring timely collection of funds; and providing support as requested by the external event organizers and as appropriate.
- Maintains territory-wide tracking of external events and promotions and reports on a weekly basis.
- Coordinates Kids For Wish Kids® and Wishmakers On Campus® programs and activities.
- Manages and maintains all external event files, electronic and paper, in a timely and up-to-date fashion with all required documentation in accordance to performance standards. Ensures all files are easily accessible by management.
- Identifies sources of additional community event support and manages outreach strategies to introduce prospects.
- Contributes to the annual work plan for the External Events Program and other sanctioned third-party fundraising programs.
- Creates regular and ad-hoc reports and projections on the External Events Program or events.
- Manages preparations for event committee meetings and events.
- Maintains and update calendar(s) of internal/external events, territory-wide.
- Manages and executes on assigned areas of responsibilities for internal events.
- Staffs events, as required.
- Executes national promotions as assigned and as required for local implementation.
- Manages event/promotion mailings, including preparing event/promotion donor/sponsor solicitation packages for mailing, as requested.
- Provides information on event- and promotion-related news for inclusion in publications, website, and any other communications, as appropriate.
- Prepares event check requests.
Office Administrative Support
- Answer phones, process mail, and other duties as scheduled or requested.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree required.
- 1 - 3 previous non-profit or event management experience desired; Volunteer and event fundraising experience helpful.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel); Raiser’s Edge experience desired.
- Self-motivated, creative problem-solving team player who is a detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to interact with diverse groups and work successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented organization is essential.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Special Events Coordinator Search Committee
Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island
One Bulfinch Place, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02114
(617) 367-1059 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.