Youth Enrichment Services (YES), a successful non-profit youth development organization, is seeking a professional, thoughtful, and detail-oriented Development and Marketing Coordinator to join its development team. The position is based in Boston and fulfills a critical function at YES. This position contributes significantly to the organization’s fundraising, communications, and marketing activities and will support several key goals, including:
- Support the continued implementation of the fundraising goals outlined in the YES Strategic Plan
- Support event coordination and execution to help achieve the organization's fundraising goals
- Develop and execute a high quality, achievable 12-month marketing and communications plan
- Create and distribute marketing communications to internal and external audiences (including but not limited to donors, alumni, and youth/families) through various digital and print channels.
- Support the coordination and planning of various fundraising events and projects. This includes but is not limited to the annual Black Diamond Gala, Team YES/Boston Marathon, Young Professionals Fundraising Events, and Martin Richard Memorial Mile.
- Write content for the newsletter, annual report, and other external communications
- Create marketing collateral for a variety of YES programs, activities, and events
- Manage the website and develop content for online channels. This includes but is not limited to the agency website (yeskids.org), social media platforms, Giving Common, and Guidestar.
- Prepare and coordinate donor communications (e.g. acknowledgement letters, etc.)
- Support the YES Young Professionals Committee and fundraising event planning
- Support the YES Alumni Circle, primarily through a dedicated Facebook page and written communications
- Supervise Development Department interns (one per semester)
Qualifications & Competencies
- Previous experience in Development, Marketing, or a related field
- Excellent writer with strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Masterful at prioritizing tasks/projects as well as time management
- Fast learner who is comfortable learning new technology
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Previous experience with graphic design. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus!
- Experience with Raisers Edge and Wordpress a plus!
- Professional, mature individual who enjoys working in a small shop environment
- Ability to keep pace and be flexible with the changing needs within the department and/or organization.
- Passion and energy for advancing the mission of YES and contributing to the success of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added at any time by the Director of Development and/or Executive Director.
To apply for the position, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should be “Development and Marketing Coordinator” and your name. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2018.