Crossroads is Hiring! We are searching for an outstanding individual to join our development team in the position of Development Coordinator. This is a terrific opportunity for a person with strong database management skills and three plus years of development or relevant experience. The Development Coordinator is part of a high-performing team that together, implements a comprehensive development program to advance the cultivation, stewardship and overall engagement of donors in support of Crossroads’ mission.
About Crossroads: Crossroads inspires youth to unlock their potential and positively impact the world. We are a dynamic, data-driven youth development organization uniquely positioned to provide youth from risk-filled environments with a comprehensive curriculum focused on leadership, character education, college and career access, and community action. Delivered over 10 years through a combination of immersive summer experiences, school year out-of-school time programming and mentoring, our curriculum is based on an experiential learning model. We meet the unique needs of each child to ensure they have the tools, resources and support needed to succeed in school and beyond. Our offices are located in Boston and Duxbury, Massachusetts and we serve youth from Boston, Brockton and communities around greater Boston.
Position Summary: The Development Coordinator (DC) has the primary responsibility of managing donor information for Crossroads via the donor database (Raiser’s Edge – “RE”) and leveraging how we can best use donor data to increase dollars raised in support of Crossroads’ mission-driven work. The DC is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation and usage of RE for both fundraising and organization-wide initiatives and for ensuring the integrity of the donor database including personal and financial information. The DC creates a variety of reports to support Moves Management, direct mail, and financial decisions, provides research and prospect management for the Major Gifts and Grants team, and supports outreach and cultivation events and activities.
Raiser’s Edge Database
- Maintain and manage the operation, maintenance, data input, data integrity and accuracy for RE
- Master database functions to provide exemplary donor recognition, moves management tracking, reports and appeal data
- Implement all aspects of RE management including daily processing of gifts, running all reports and queries, gift coding, exporting and importing data and mail merges
- Troubleshoot issues with Blackbaud/RE
- Coordinate prospect management process in RE for Major Gifts Team
- Import/enter new prospect and donor information received via trips and activities and other sources
- Maintain coding of appeals and solicitations and constituents
- Ensures accurate and timely data pulls from the RE database for mail appeals, event invitations and development department activities
Gift Processing and Acknowledgement
- Timely processing of all gifts and pledges into RE (w/in 48 hours)
- Ensure gift acknowledgement letters are accurate and timely
- Respond to requests from donors in a timely and professional manner
- Prepare Daily Gift Log for Development Team and President
- Maintain gift processing procedures and update as needed
- Reconcile gift data monthly with the Finance Department
- Maintain pledge reminders and recurring gifts schedule
Reporting and Donor Analytics
- Provide standard reports to analyze development activities and progress toward goals; communicate activities to relevant internal stakeholders
- Prepare and send monthly donations report to Development Team and President
- Provide organization, production and maintenance of annual campaign materials and data
- Produce donor reports for annual report and 990
- Provide requested donor information to Finance for annual audit
Research and Prospect Management
- Manage the process by which prospect information is gathered, stored in, and reported from RE
- Conduct initial research on new prospects/donors added to RE, coding appropriately for prospect management
- Conduct individual prospect research including identifying suspects, compiling and writing profiles, tracking current events involving prospects and donors, and helping to prioritize suspect pool
- Assist Grants and Stewardship Coordinator to conduct research on foundations and corporations and identify potential institutional funding sources
- Assist Major Gifts Team in producing briefing materials to executive team, members of the Board, and Event Committee members in preparation for donor meetings and solicitation planning
- Support Events Team in coordinating logistics for Crossroads’ key fundraising events, including participating in site selection, invitations, catering, transportation, etc.
- Support Events Team in coordinating event follow-up with invitees, including preparing letters, promotional materials and scheduling visits
- Support Director of Major Gifts in sponsorship tracking and pledge reminders
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Development office, responding to donor inquiries and calls
- Assist Grants and Stewardship Coordinator with maintaining foundation and corporate data in RE and preparing and mailing proposal packages
- Assist with correspondence and reports using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Create and maintain donor files
- Attend select after-hours events and meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Manager of Development Operations
- Commitment and connection to Crossroads’ mission that resonates on a deeply personal level
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three to four years of development experience preferred
- Raisers Edge experience preferred including Events Module, Online Express, and Query/Reporting
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrated understanding of professional event presentation standards
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional skills communicating across departments and teams
- A customer-service approach to serving colleagues, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and efficient
- Strong commitment to quality work, customer service, high productivity, and staying on deadline
- High degree of initiative, independent judgment, and sensitivity
- Strong relationship building skills and overall standards of excellence in donor communications (in person and by phone and email)
- Night and weekend work may be required before and during select events
To apply: Interested applicants should submit a personalized cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Crossroads offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer.