Verité is a growing, award-winning non-profit organization that illuminates and addresses serious human rights and labor rights violations in factories, farms and other workplaces around the world. We serve private sector and public-sector clients by building their internal understanding of the labor rights problems they face in their supply chains and operations, and their skills to solve those problems.
Coordinates and manages the proposal generation process through contract phase for all complex, cross-cutting grant applications and hybrid fee-for-service engagements. Identifies prospective sources of philanthropic supports and manages prospect plans.
Director of Business Development
- Manages both formal and informal grant applications processes
- Assigns tasks and responsibilities to colleagues and partners
- Sets internal due dates for deliverables
- Drafts proposal narratives and supporting materials
- Facilitates final review
- Submits proposals and communicates with funders / clients and supports the contracting process
- Tracks and manages the organizational pipeline
- Manages the post-mortem review and documents lessons learned
- Maintains a library of templates and past proposals for future use
- Identifies prospects for organizational support from traditional and non-traditional philanthropic communities
- Creates prospect plans for potential supporters
- Maintains ongoing contact with appropriate staff at current and prospective funders
- Other duties including, but not limited to, copy-editing public-facing materials, writing for the newsletter, marketing materials, and website.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 year’s related experience and demonstrated track record in government or foundation-funded projects or in combination with experience in new business development
- Familiarity with human rights funding networks in the U.S. and internationally; the ideal candidate will bring a history of successful relationships with members of these networks
- Excellent English-language writing, editing, and proof reading skills
- Demonstrated success working effectively on numerous projects at once – a multi-tasker
- Familiarity with project and program design structures and approaches, including logic models
- Comfortable working in an ambitious and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to manage projects from concept to completion and coordinate teams to meet deadlines
- Exemplary ability to conduct high-quality research and efficiently and succinctly summarize learning
- Personal reliability and commitment to organizational success
- Interest and/or experience in human rights issues strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and CV detailing your relevant experience against the skills and qualifications above to: email@example.com with the subject line Development Manager. No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.