DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (DoD) Fall 2017
40 hours/week for 52 weeks
Enchanted Circle seeks an experienced development professional and innovative thinker to join our creative education team to help lead the company into its next stage of organizational growth.
Enchanted Circle is a small non-profit, multi-service, arts-in-education organization, dedicated to engaging, enhancing, and inspiring learning through the arts. Founded in 1976, we are the regional leader in the field of arts integration, using theater arts as a dynamic teaching tool and social justice platform. We work in partnership with school districts throughout Western Massachusetts, and we collaborate with over 60 community partners and social service agencies to provide equal access to arts inspired learning for people of all ages and abilities. Our work bridges arts, education, and social services in some of the most underserved districts and marginalized sectors of our community.
The Director of Development will work in close partnership with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and the Development Associate, and be responsible for implementing the development plan of the organization, including annual fundraising campaigns, major donor and corporate gift cultivation, federal grant initiatives, and seasonal donor events. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Create and implement annual development plan, and manage the overall development efforts to raise annual support income of at least $350,000.
- Steward our current individual donor program, with the goal of deepening relationships with major donors, and work with ED to develop new major donors, including strategizing, coordinating, engaging, and communicating.
- Work with ED to manage large grant applications and deadlines.
- Cultivate and expand our corporate sponsors to develop 4 new corporate sponsorships for individual programs by Fall 2018. Additional corporate sponsorship goals to be determined annually.
- Support the Board of Directors on their fundraising capacity and facilitate training as needed.
- Provide leadership on ECT’s fundraising campaigns, including the annual appeal, Valley Gives Day, annual fundraising events, donor thank you events, and identifying and securing event sponsorships.
- Oversee gift tracking and work with Development Associate to enter and analyze data.
- Work with the marketing team on the organization’s communication platforms regarding development news, including website, e-newsletters, print newsletters, press releases, and social media.
- BA with a minimum of 6 years development experience, with 3 years cultivating major donors and corporate gifts, demonstrating the ability to manage donor relationships, and develop and successfully execute solicitations for major gifts.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to respond nimbly to evolving priorities, work independently, and as part of a creative team to achieve organizational goals.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt the writing style for all manner of communications including email, formal letters, informal notes, extensive funding proposals, briefings, donor meetings, and presentations.
- Success in managing deadlines and grants/development calendars, and experience in moves management with individual donors.
- Strong analytical ability, organizational skills, and attention to detail, including financial analysis, budgeting, and data management.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, comfortable working on a Mac platform, strong knowledge of donor software, familiarity with GiftWorks is a plus.
- Demonstrated team orientation and passion for working with and supporting others in a mission driven organization.
- Creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness, a sense of humor, an understanding of social philanthropy, and a passion for arts in education.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Enchanted Circle is an equal opportunity employer and it is the policy of ECT to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity or expression.
For more information, please visit our website: www.enchantedcircletheater.com
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org