Amherst College invites applications for the Events Coordinator position. Amherst College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Today, nearly one-quarter of Amherst's students are Pell Grant recipients; 45 percent of our studentsidentify as domestic students of color. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
The Events Coordinator is a full-time, 35 hour per week, year round position, job group and level AO-4. In concert with the Development team, the Events Coordinator plans, organizes, and executes each event with attention to detail from the beginning through completion. Reporting to the Director of Campaign Events, the Events Coordinator plays a crucial role in supporting the leadership staff in the coordination and implementation of Development events.
The Events Coordinator takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Strategize with colleagues in Development to plan and execute creative and thoughtful events including evaluating and identifying improvements
- Coordinate logistics including managing email, text, written, telephone and in person communications; designing and booking internal and external spaces; setting up and breaking down events; and arranging and/or setting-up all support services
- Attend events to coordinate activities and ensure smooth implementation, including operating golf cart
- Work with distinguished guests and their representatives on visit logistics and support guests to ensure a stellar campus experience
- Manage and maintain the supplies inventory to support all events (nametags, name tents, general paper stock, event supplies, etc.)
- Create and support website content including sign-up and survey documents
- Design, execute and oversee production of materials including posters, signs, table tents and other printed media
- Input data and create reports using the event management system and other software within Advancement
- Back-up front desk/reception as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid driver's license and successful credentialing in order to operate college vehicles
- 3-5 years of experience in the conferences and/or events field
- Strong time management, verbal and written communication, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively
- Superior attention to detail, proofreading and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with Adobe InDesign; ability to learn new software
- Work schedule flexibility to support evening and weekend events
- Cultural competence and the ability to excel in a diverse environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Amherst College does not discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs and activities on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), age, disability, genetic information, military service, or any other characteristic or class protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Amherst College complies with all state and federal laws that prohibit discrimination, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Pay Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. Inquiries should be addressed to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer , Amherst College, P.O. Box 5000, Amherst, MA 01002-5000.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4hk2dtmr8cvnkjbs