MIRA is the largest coalition in New England promoting the rights and integration of immigrants and refugees. With offices in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, we advance this mission through education and training, leadership development, institutional organizing, strategic communications, policy analysis and advocacy.
MIRA is a dynamic and multi‐ethnic coalition with more than 130 organizational members, including grassroots community organizations; refugee resettlement agencies; providers of social, legal and health services, faith-based organizations and civil and human rights advocates. We organize and empower our members and allies, and together we mobilize immigrant communities to advocate for themselves, and amplify and support their voices. MIRA is a respected leader on immigrant issues at the state and national levels, and an authoritative source of information and policy analysis for policymakers, advocates, immigrant communities and the media.
Reporting to the Director of Finance (DoF), the Finance Administrator will have internal responsibilities of the daily financial operations, ranging from payroll to accounts receivable and payable to maintaining internal operational processes to supporting staff in budget issues.
This is a part-time position (25 hours a week).
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for entering invoices for payment including monthly fixed invoices and processing checks.
- Responsible for paying and expensing the credit card bill.
- Responsible for all aspect of accounts receivable including monthly invoicing to state and federal agencies.
- Manage all aspects of payroll, including gathering timesheets, tracking of vacation /sick time and making pension plan payments
- Enter all deposits into Quickbooks including checks and credit card payments as well as make bank deposits.
- Assist the DoF in providing budgets for proposals and report on existing grants and contracts
- Work with DoF to create and monitor program budgets to Program Directors to help with budget spend down and maintaining costs
- Assist DoO with vendor relationships, review and make recommendations on selection and contract reviews and the lease/purchase of equipment (Copiers, Postage Meter, Mail Machine etc.)
- Assist the DoFin production of monthly financials, budgets and all related reports for the Board
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budget and re-forecasts of budgets as needed
- Assist in preparation of audit reports and schedules throughout the year to be prepared for audit time.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred with 3 -5 years experience, non-profit experience highly recommended
- Experience with Federal, State and AmeriCorps funding, preferred.
- High proficiency in Quickbooks and Excel
- Highly organized with strict attention to detail
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, and be a team player;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a positive, supportive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Personal qualities of integrity and professionalism
Send cover letter and resume to Esther Hanig at firstname.lastname@example.org with Finance Administrator in the subject line. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Hard copies can be mailed to Human Resources, MIRA Coalition, 105 Chauncy Street, #901, Boston, MA 02111, or faxed to 617-350-5499, attention HR. No phone calls, please.