Culture Reframed seeks to hire an experienced, creative, and ambitious marketing and communications professional to substantially increase the organization’s online and media presence. The position will lead Culture Reframed’s digital communications initiatives including day-to-day content creation for the organization’s social media channels, website, and email communications. The Marketing & Communications Manager will develop and implement strategic campaigns to attract new followers and build brand awareness for Culture Reframed on a global level. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of social media analytics, digital design proficiencies, and innovative best practices.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will report to the CEO & President of Culture Reframed, must be able to work both independently and as a team, and must have an impressive track record in marketing and communications. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week).
- Develop an overall marketing and communications plan for the organization, including mapping out a comprehensive social media marketing plan to engage current followers and expand our audiences across all platforms, and identifying social media platforms that would be most valuable for advancing CR’s mission.
- Develop and refine a plan for launching our Parents Program (within first 30 days of hire)
- Write, post, and promote regular blog pieces
- Develop, update, and manage content for website, ensuring that it is current, engaging, and active.
- Manage social reporting and analytics for all social channels, while tracking and evaluating the overall performance of channels to develop more effective strategies and campaigns.
- Design and create powerful and engaging social media content with on-brand imagery and videos.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Identify and comment on other blogs.
- Plan and produce quarterly e-newsletter.
- Develop social media guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Establish a cohesive process for gathering and filtering social media content.
- Identify opportunities for writing press releases; write and distribute.
- Other responsibilities as identified in communications plan.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Culture Reframed mission
- Diplomatic, strategic thinker
- Understanding of the harms of pornography, and how pornography is implicated in violence against women and children
- Grounding in feminist analysis
- Experience with WordPress
- Extensive experience building and maintaining a robust follower base across all all major social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Excellent writer and editor
- Creative thinker with a distinctive voice
- Ability to create and articulate an overall vision, while simultaneously identifying and monitoring the steps that will bring the vision to fruition
- Ability to deliver accurate, thorough, and consistent work with acute attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than May 28, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate in your cover letter how you heard about this position.
Culture Reframed is committed to diversity in both its programmatic work and staffing with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, age, physical ability, religion, and sexual orientation.