Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the President
Cambridge Community Foundation
About the Foundation:
The Cambridge Community Foundation (CCF) is a 501(c)3 public charity established in 1916. Vision: A vibrant, diverse and inclusive Cambridge with a culture of giving and opportunity for all. Three overarching goals motivate our actions:
- Create an inclusive vision and agenda for shared prosperity through grantmaking, civic leadership, and philanthropy;
- Build a permanent endowment to serve the city today and protect its future;
- Expand the capacity for civic leadership with a sustained focus on equity, justice and opportunity.
An inflection point:
Cambridge is changing. Its rapid growth and prosperity, bolstered by long-standing institutions and the growing innovation economy make the city a powerful global force — and yet many of its residents are getting left behind. Our recent centennial has created an opportunity to take the organization to the next level, adapting to changes in the community… in society… in technology. This new phase of growth will move us from quietly serving the needs of Cambridge’s most vulnerable residents to also becoming a connector, convener, catalyst for change — A collaborative partner to the entire community.
CCF passionately believes in the power of philanthropy to change lives and build a stronger community. A foundation OF and FOR the community, the Foundation is poised to reaffirm our value and our values.
Re-imagining the next 100 years:
We are a growing organization with a team of seven and an active Board of Directors, entering a new centennial and our next phase of growth. We seek to be on the cutting edge of philanthropy and social change and are working towards:
· Becoming a place that authentically holds Cambridge values of intellectual curiosity, respect for diversity and inclusion;
· Cultivating innovative ideas and curating solutions with our nonprofit partners to support the city as a thriving community for all;
· Building a civic institution that is a knowledge hub of Cambridge, a 'go-to' place for ideas, a neutral convener, an independent voice and, a place for connecting and collaborating with others;
· Deepening our partnerships in Cambridge with the nonprofit community and city government. And building new connections with the universities, tech and bio-tech business community, donors and city residents;
· Creating an institution that can sustain its power, prestige and presence in Cambridge for generations to come by fostering local philanthropic giving and by building the Cambridge Endowment.
Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the President
We are seeking a dependable, creative and organized individual, who enjoys working in a mission-driven, results-oriented fast paced environment. Responsible for maintaining the efficiency of office operations and providing daily critical administrative support to the President, the ideal candidate must have excellent administrative, technical and organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated capacity to work independently, good judgment and the ability to maintain a calm balance among multiple priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Maintain office by organizing office operations and procedures; managing incoming and outgoing mail; designing and maintaining filing systems; monitoring and maintaining office supplies;
· Work with outside vendors to ensure maintenance and updating of IT hardware, software, server and website. Problem solve when technical issues arise;
· Manage and coordinate phone coverage and serve as the first point of contact for outside calls and inquiries;
· Manage and maintain office calendar, coordinate and track staff meetings, employee work schedules; and schedule conference room for external partners;
· Assist with external communications — email blasts, social media, and website as requested;
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Manage and maintain calendar and arrange meetings and itineraries for President
· Manage President’s correspondence (email and US mail) and prepare President for meetings
· Handle information requests and update contacts database as directed by President
· Coordinate logistics (including conference calls and digital presentations) and assist with distribution of materials for meetings of the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and other groups
Essential Skills and Capacities:
· Excellent organizational, people and phone skills and experience with administrative management practices and procedures;
· Advanced computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office 365 skills, with an ability to become familiar with community foundation-specific databases and software;
· Experience with assisting high-level corporate or nonprofit leaders;
· The ability to work with confidential information and interact with donors, board members, other volunteers, nonprofits and the communities they serve;
· Strong problem-solving and project management skills;
· Ability to follow up on multiple tasks and link disparate elements with meticulous attention to detail;
· Associate or bachelor’s degree and 3+years administrative support experience required.
This is a full-time position with benefits, compensation commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter to: Gwyn Gallagher at email@example.com or mail to Director of Operations & Grantmaking, Cambridge Community Foundation, 99 Bishop Allen Drive, Cambridge, MA 02139.