The Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County (CAC) unites public, private and community partners to promote safety, healing and justice for children exposed to violence and their families. The CAC works closely with an array of agencies to coordinate high quality investigations and assessments of abuse concerns; provide support and services to children and families; provide specialized training for diverse professionals; and to prevent child abuse in our community.
The CAC is committed to providing education and training to both our professional partners as well as members of our community. The Outreach & Training Manager will develop, organize, promote and provide support for Suffolk CAC’s outreach and training efforts. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter: organized, and excited about engaging the community in child abuse prevention and response efforts.
• Identify outreach & training needs in Suffolk County as they relate to preventing, identifying, reporting, investigating and treating child abuse;
• Develop and implement an annual outreach & training plan. (Plan to include community outreach, professional training and CAC in-service needs);
• Maintain a database of all outreach & training leads and inquiries and follow up, as needed;
• Develop and promote a catalog of all training offerings;
• Collaborate with CAC staff and partners to develop high quality training curricula and materials,
including PowerPoint presentations, handouts and evaluation forms;
• Facilitate design and delivery of periodic orientation sessions for MDT partners including law
enforcement, criminal justice, child welfare, mental health, medical, mental health and others new to the county’s multi-disciplinary response to child abuse;
• Manage marketing and registration for trainings;
• Manage training logistics, including meeting space, room set up, equipment needs, catering, etc.;
• Develop and administer training program evaluations and distribution of collated results to trainers and other appropriate staff;
• Deliver training, as appropriate, and represent the Suffolk CAC at community outreach and
• Determine Suffolk CAC staff professional development needs and track staff professional
• Coordinate orientation for interns and new hires on an as-needed basis;
• Work with partner agencies to integrate Suffolk CAC curricula into existing trainings and
• Must be available for evening and weekend presentations, as requested.
• Additional duties, as required.
• Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred with 3-5 years of related experience;
• Knowledge of child abuse, its dynamics and impact;
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to
communicate professionally, and very strong written and oral communication skills;
• Public speaking and/or training experience (preferably in the context of adult education/training);
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Graphic design skills a plus;
• Ability to organize multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively in a team environment;
• Familiarity with CAC model and Suffolk County healthcare, criminal justice, school and/or social
service systems desirable;
• Commitment to and passion for the CAC mission.
HOW TO APPLY
Send Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirements by July 20, 2018 to:
Melissa Ganley, Operations Manager
Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County
989 Commonwealth Avenue Boston, MA 02215
Please include Outreach & Training in Subject Line
No phone calls please.