YW Boston (also known as YWCA Boston) is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them. We pride ourselves on being reflective, innovative, outcomes oriented, and passionate about our work.
General Statement of Duties
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the part-time Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and Leadership team and organizes and coordinates executive outreach efforts.
- Maintain and manage the CEO’s calendar; organize schedule and prepare for meetings with key stakeholders and partners
- Create, edit and format presentations, documents, correspondence and materials as appropriate
- Assist with the completion of one-time projects relating to current initiatives of the Executive Office and/or Leadership team, as assigned by the CEO.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality regarding all work.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serve as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the YW Boston Board of Directors
- Work with and support the CEO with Board activities including Board and Committee meeting preparation and support for committees
- Plan and coordinate logistics for all Board meetings, committee meetings, management meetings and the annual meeting, including scheduling meeting space, preparing and mailing meeting packets in advance of meeting, and managing all operational aspects of the meeting.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members
Leadership Team Liaison
- Provide support for leadership team meetings and off-sites
- Support leadership team members on projects as requested
- Calendar management
- Setting up Donor Meetings
The successful Executive Assistant will achieve the following outcomes:
- Efficient use of the CEO’s time especially on administrative matters
- Effective calendar management to ensure the CEO is spending time strategically
- Smooth operation of the CEO’s office, including scheduling and logistics for internal and external meetings and communications
- Ensure all technical requirements for Board meetings are effectively addressed
- Clear and thorough communication with Board and Board committee members
- 2-5 years of experience in a related role.
- Commitment to YW Boston’s mission and an interest in successfully working in an environment with economic, racial, ethnic and gender diversity.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also work effectively and independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Adaptable to various competing demands and the ability to demonstrate the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Willingness to work some evenings and early mornings, as needed.
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and values.
- Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the CEO.
This position is 20 hours per week. The distribution of hours and schedule can be somewhat flexible.
Compensation includes salary commensurate with experience, generous vacation benefits, and health and retirement benefits. YWCA Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Send a cover letter, salary requirements and a resume to email@example.com Please place the subject title ” Part Time Executive Assistant” in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.