Inversant’s mission is to ensure that through parental engagement every low-to-moderate income family has the resources and understanding they need to achieve their goals for higher education. The Inversant Part-time Facilitator will assist the Inversant program in continuing the relationship between Inversant’s Boston office and its existing sites. This part time position consists of approximately 4hrs per month, the majority of which will be spent preparing and delivering Learning Circle content to Inversant families; go through monthly trainings and perform communication tasks and some recruiting assistance.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Learning Circle Facilitation
- Teach 4 monthly Learning Circle from September to June with an average of 20-40 parents.
- Capacity to answer college access/financing questions from parent participants, and follow up with parents.
2. Family Communication and Administration
- Attend family oriented community events with Inversant Education Outreach Manager to help recruit families
- Assist Inversant Education Manager in recruitment sessions and filling out enrollment forms for interested families
- Assist Inversant Education Outreach Manager in administering and collecting family surveys and attendance forms, etc.
- Communicate with families at monthly Learning Circles to answer questions and ensure monthly meeting attendance.
4. Monthly programming training
- Master content through a training program and regular practice sessions with Inversant throughout Inversant’s programming year
- Schedule monthly run-throughs with Inversant a week before every Learning Circle meeting throughout Inversant’s programming year
- Participate in webinars, online trainings and other remote meetings to continue to stay updated on data tracking and college access.
5. Inversant Communication and Reporting
- Maintain regular communication about programming progress with Inversant Communicate and collaborate with Inversant about program start-up and monthly implementation
Candidates for this position should possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work or related field required
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Driver’s license required
- Experience in teaching, facilitation and/or college access
- Knowledge of college access processes, including completing the college application, filling out the FAFSA, consideration of loan options, and scholarship applications
- Experience working with diverse families
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and organize
- Ability to collaborate and work with other members of a team
- Desire to continually innovate and learn new things
- Willingness to travel to site area to facilitate sessions as well as travel to recruitment events
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that will include evenings
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to the Education Outreach Manager, Luz Miranda email@example.com