How do we stay in the present moment as we seek to fund social change and make the world a better place for all? Join presenter Alyssa Wright for a workshop focused on creating a culture of collaboration in the philanthropic sector. Wright will share insight and ideas from her work in the field as to how we can truly listen, learn and create effective, long term grant maker-grantee partnerships.
Key take-away: Attendees leave this workshop with a better sense as to their own vision as agents of change plus tips to avoid stress, overwhelm and fatigue while staying the course to mission fulfillment.
A breakout group will take place so each attendee leaves with a clear action plan to infuse mindfulness practices into their weekly and monthly workplans.
Topics covered are:
- How to Eliminate a Focus on Money and Transition to a Focus on Mission Fulfillment
- Easy Ways to Improve Communications to Improve Collaborations
- How to Use Mindfulness as Your Design Tool
Staff of nonprofit and funder organizations of any skill level would benefit from participation in this session.
From 8:00 - 8:30 AM, participants are invited to join us for a light breakfast and a chance to meet the other session participants.
Alyssa Wright is an award-winning artist, strategic philanthropic advisor, and creative social impact strategist. Throughout her career, Alyssa has collaborated with dozens of nonprofit organizations, companies, and philanthropists who desire innovative and collaborative ways to create impact in their respective fields. With over a decade of experience in international philanthropy and human rights activism in Eastern Europe, Africa, and the United States, Alyssa started Wright Consulting Group to deepen her work in facilitating social change.
A regular contributor to Forbes, Global Giving, Feminist Wednesday, and Levo League, Alyssa is a powerful Millennial voice in the social change movement.
- If you are a funder, invite a nonprofit representative. If you are a nonprofit representative, invite a funder. It is not necessary for the person you invite to be a current funder/grantee.
- Once you have confirmed your funder/nonprofit counterpart, please RSVP for both people here. Registration for the event is first come, first serve, and we ask that you only register if you are certain that you will be able to attend the event. We expect to have a long waitlist so please make every effort to attend if you do register.
- If you are unsure of who it invite to this session, feel free to be in touch and we'll work with you to find a solution.