Boston Explorers is a non-profit summer, weekend and school vacation camp for urban young people ages 7-17. The camp offers a wide-range of enriching experiences that includes citywide explorations, hands-on learning, spontaneous free play and exercise. Every child is accepted regardless of family resources.
The mission of Boston Explorers is to give children a sense of mastery and autonomy and cultivate in them a sense of wonder about their city--Boston. Please check out our website at www.bostonexplorers.org.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Administrative Assistant will report to and work directly with the Executive Director. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with the founding director of a successful camp. This is a year-round, part-time, flexible hours position. The camp office is in Boston’s South End.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools like Google documents and typical office equipment. Previous experience as a secretary or teacher’s assistant and familiarity with camps or urban youth program is also desirable. Job duties include:
● Set up and maintain camper enrollment data.
● Post updates to social media sites and the camp website
● Assist in the recruitment of campers
● Organize and schedule appointments
● Maintain annual calendar for the camp
● Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
● Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
● Develop and maintain a filing system
● Update and maintain office policies and procedures
● Order office and camp supplies and research new deals and suppliers
● Maintain contact lists
● Provide general support to visitors
● Participate in the development of creative camp artifacts such as photo books, slide shows, new web pages, posters, and brochures
● Propose initiatives to improve the camp experience for children and teens
A college degree is required; alternatively, a high school diploma with 2-3 years’ relevant experience.
Familiarity with youth and youth development is a significant plus. We also seek:
● A demonstrated interest in interage, multicultural population
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to prioritize
● Flexibility with changing organizational needs in a team environment
● Creative problem solving skills
Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Compensation will be based on experience.
Boston Explorers provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or marital status.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org