Cape Cod's very own orchestra, Cape Symphony, performs at the Barnstable Performing Arts Center in Hyannis. From popular hits to magnificent classics, highlighting hidden gems and putting a new twist on standards, the emphasis is always on fun, surprises, and beautiful music. Led by Artistic Director and Conductor Jung-Ho Pak, the Cape Symphony provides an experience like no other. Cape Conservatory's commitment to education for all ages includes musical instruction as well as classes in dance and art at campuses in West Barnstable and Falmouth. Its Pre-School program is known for blending traditional academics with the arts. Through MusicWorks! Everyday and other community outreach programs, Cape Conservatory brings an array of engaging programs to thousands of students on the Cape and Islands.
Cape Arts & Entertainment is seeking an Annual Fund & Events Manager to join our fundraising team! Live on beautiful Cape Cod, while working for the premier Arts & Culture organization in Barnstable County! We are seeking a dynamic team member to help us engage and enlist a vibrant arts community.
Director of Development
- Establish, set and meet financial goals and objectives for all Annual Fund activities in partnership with Senior Management and the Board of Trustees.
- Support the Director of Development in developing and maintaining an annual revenue and expense budget, implementing new fundraising strategies, and creating a strategic work plan for the Annual Fund each year.
- Meet time bound revenue and participation benchmarks as they relate to revenue goals set.
- With Development Director, create and implement a robust calendar for annual giving appeals across all relevant giving vehicles. Segment data bases and curate appeals to increase revenue.
- Build relationships with constituency to cultivate and steward, including a measurable, targeted system of face-to-face meetings and reoccurring correspondence in keeping with the annual development plan and report accordingly.
- Work cooperatively with the Development Associate to ensure complete up-to-date records using donor/client database relating to all development activities, including sponsors, donors, fundraising teams, and participants.
- Develop and manage donor retention strategies and grow the donor retention program.
Special Events Responsibilities:
- Per event: Cultivate both individual giving and corporate sponsorships. Coordinate the selection of date, location, time and event details for development events. Report on progress as directed. Coordinate and manage event details and logistics; participant registration and management including all auction logistics. Create and manage a Run of Show for each event using approved templates.
- In collaboration with Development Director and Development Associate, complete comprehensive post-event income expense and revenue reports, follow-up thank you letters and donor data entry.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Marketing and operation teams on all campaigns, events and concerts.
- In conjunction with the Development Associate, oversee the maintenance of the donor/member database; includes data entry, oversee the creation of mailings and mailing labels, generate reports, and manage donor contacts, donations and acknowledgement letters including all event base data.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three consecutive years as a paid member of a team of nonprofit fundraising professionals preferably with Annual Fund and Special Events experience.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and report writing applications.
- Demonstrated competency with computer skills and database management (such as, Excel, Salesforce, GiftWorks, or Raiser's Edge, Little Green Light etc.)
- Write and speak clearly, concisely, and persuasively
- Organized and familiar with managing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Attentive to detail, both with documents and with event preparation
- Able to collaborate frequently, successfully, and effectively with other staff in support of the mission of Cape Arts & Entertainment
- Demonstrated understanding of and appreciation for the development process, specifically including stewardship, donor relations, research, and prospect management
- Ability to maintain a proper level of confidentiality with donor and data information
- Negotiate or exchange ideas, information and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions
- Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities. Prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely manner
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
How to Apply
Please send resume, salary requirements and writing sample to:
Janet Stolzer, Executive Assistant