Associate Director for Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Associate Director, Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations is responsible for securing $1M - $5M per year to support a wide array of Museum of Science initiatives and programs. This position will build a corporate and foundation pipeline, creating a sustainable revenue stream for the Museum. The Associate Director will work with an array of stakeholders from across the Museum to create compelling proposals for a wide-array of programmatic, education and capital funding needs and to creatively match funding opportunities with both new and existing corporate and foundation funders.
- Raise between $1M - $5M annually
- Dedicate 70% of job to donor cultivation, engagement and solicitation
- Design and execute fundraising strategies for 120 corporate and foundation donors annually, resulting in 30 a minimum of solicitations per year
- Complete 15/20 significant donor interactions per month
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Sr. Director, Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree.
- 7 or more years of Corporate and Foundation fundraising, specifically for a science, health or educational nonprofit experience.
- Proven track record of soliciting and securing 6 and 7 figure gifts.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in corporate and foundation giving.
- Demonstrated experience with new prospect engagement and pipeline development.
- Demonstrated communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with both external donors and internal colleagues.
- Existing network of corporate and foundation funders, both local, regional and national.
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.