All applications should be submitted online. Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select “Associate, King Boston” to complete our online application process. Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: King Boston Associate
Department: Philanthropy Group
Reports To: Executive Director, King Boston
FLSA Classification: Exempt FTE: 1
The King Boston Associate is a two-year position that will provide organizational, logistical and strategic support to King Boston. The Associate will also provide support for fundraising.
- Serve as primary logistical support and point of contact for King Boston;
· Coordinate meetings for King Boston and the Center for Economic Justice, includes working with event teams, communications teams, and community partners;
· Draft meeting notes and minutes;
· Managing timelines and activities in coordination with the events team;
· Track and coordinate guest lists, invitation mailings and follow up correspondence;
· Support face-to-face, online, and print communication and marketing activities;
· Provide technical and administrative support for events;
- Support prospect research to identify prospects for cultivation and solicitation;
· Run reports from Salesforce and Foundation Power databases;
· Review and analyze data related to donor and prospect activities, gifts, and grants;
· Process and submit expense reports and department invoices as needed; and
· Work collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform initiative activities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years work experience; and
- Development experience a plus.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
· Ability to listen and present ideas and solutions to the community and stakeholders;
· Strong interpersonal skills required;
· Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
· Ability to remain calm when in high pressure situations;
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point;
· Database experience using Salesforce, or a similar CRM, a plus;
· Familiarity, comfort and ability to work with social media outlets;
· Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload;
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate with multiple teams successfully;
· Experience working in community outreach and engagement, particularly with disadvantaged groups;
· Experience facilitating and leading creative and engaging community-based workshops and activities;
· Experience recruiting and supporting people from diverse backgrounds to take part in community-led projects;
· Experience working with a variety of different stakeholders, including residents, local groups, and organizations across the voluntary and public sector;
· Some evening and weekend work required; and
· Proficiency in Spanish and/or Cape Verdean Creole a plus.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
· Ability to sit for long periods of time;
· Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time;
· Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally; and
· Work both in and out of the office.
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.