Position: Business Manager (Full Time)
Reports To: Executive Director
Direct Reports: (1) Administrative Coordinator
Position Description: The Business Manager is responsible for the accounting, budgeting, fiscal contract management, and administrative operations of BAGLY. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated, and has significant experience in non-profit operations and fiscal management.
Why You Should Apply: This position provides an exciting opportunity to serve in a central role managing the day to day fiscal and administrative operations at one of Boston’s longest standing LGBTQ+ organizations. Approaching its 40th anniversary in 2020, BAGLY is experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, including its recent move to a new 5,000+ square foot Community Center in the heart of downtown Boston.
Primary Job Functions:
Under the direction of the Executive Director, and working in cooperation with the Senior Finance Consultant and other members of the senior management team, the Business Manager manages the following:
Accounting and Financial Management
- Implement and enforce established financial protocols and controls
- Track deposits and coordinates with development staff in the tracking and monitoring of gifts, donations, foundation receipts, and other revenue streams
- Provide monthly budget reports to the program director and development director
- Provide monthly financial reports for the Finance Committee and Board; attend monthly Finance Committee meeting conference calls
- Assist in the development of organizational budgets
- Work with the Financial Consultant to ensure the organization is audit ready; maintain all audit files and documentation; assist through audit process
- Manage, track, and ensure all accounts payable and accounts receivables are paid and collected in timely manner
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements and ensure accuracy of the general ledger
- Submit, manage and enter bi-weekly payroll
- Oversee all organizational purchasing
Government Contract Fiscal Management
- Ensure monthly invoicing for all of BAGLY’s contracts
- Monitor contract spending, including ensuring continuity of contract budgets with organizational budgets
- Oversee agency fiscal site visits to ensure adherence to contract fiscal requirements
- Submit contract budget amendments with written budget justifications
- All fiscal forms/budget forms required by state agencies
- Maintain relationship with state agencies contract manager and fiscal departments
- Supervise the Administrative Coordinator and delegate and prioritize tasks as necessary
- Oversee facilities management and maintenance
- Oversee vendor relations and maintaining online accounts; act as primary contact with building management and vendors
- Maintain and renew organizational insurance policies
- Manage employee on-boarding, time and attendance system, and benefits
- Manage and maintain BAGLY’s email and Google accounts
Strong commitment to BAGLY’s mission and a cultural competency of LGBTQ+ issues, social justice principles, and youth leadership frameworks
BA/BS or equivalent work experience of at least 4 years within community-based non-profit organizations that includes finance and office management
Strong skills and knowledge required in: accounting/bookkeeping, audit preparation, communication, writing, time management, problem-solving, IT/technology, online systems, and contract management
Familiarity with QuickBooks, Excel, Google, Apple technology, Paychex or payroll systems
Must be detail-oriented, self-directed and prepared to work in a challenging, changing environment where multiple priorities must be managed.
Experience with government contracts preferred.
BAGLY is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. People of color, transgender/non-binary people, and/or female identified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.