UTEC (Lowell, MA)
Contract Administrator: SNAP E&T, DTA Employment, and MA Youth Programs
The Contract Administrator is responsible for managing the expectations of many grants and contracts that provide funding to UTEC. The Contract Administrator will serve as the lead project manager for public funding sources that include SNAP E&T, DTA Employment Services Programs (CIES), and other Massachusetts funding related to workforce development and/or violence intervention.
The Contract Administrator takes the lead on all assigned reporting and some invoicing/billing processes, on the monthly or quarterly schedule for each funding source. The Contract Administrator reports to the Chief Program Officer and manages internal processes and workflow between case management, evaluation, and finance staff as needed. They will also manage relationships with the Commonwealth’s program officers for each contract.
Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Building and maintaining relationships with grant partners.
- Coordinating with program staff to track outcomes.
- Manage monthly and quarterly reporting/billing cycles for several performance-based contracts.
- Scheduling and facilitating meetings with UTEC staff and external partners.
- Data entry in ETO, Apricot, and Microsoft 365.
- Attending external meetings with grant partners.
- Ongoing tracking of outcomes and programmatic benchmarks.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent community experience will be considered
- Experience with Virtual Gateway or other MA state agency contract tools a plus
- Must have a vehicle; reliable access to a vehicle is a job requirement
- Flexibility: Thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment; works hours as program and young adult’s needs arise
- Commitment: Genuinely cares about the young adult and UTEC’s success
- Controlled Response: Remains calm and objective when confronting defense-provoking situations; tolerates stress
- Relationship Builder: Values and nurtures relationships between self and young adult, self and community partners, self and colleagues
- Perspective Taking: Comfortable working in a diverse environment and considers divergent opinions
- Coachable: Open to feedback and personal and professional development
- Comfortable with New Technology: Learns new software quickly and uses it appropriately
- Curiosity: Seeks out data and information about young adult and one’s own work, monitors data, uses data to inform action
- Team Player: Upholds UTEC’s mission, values and vibe
- Drive: Hunger to do an excellent job and a passion to own one’s work
- Sense of Humor: Ability to laugh at oneself a must!
Salary commensurate with experience, 3 weeks vacation, paid holidays and sick/personal time, health and dental (up to 85% subsidized).
How to Apply
Please email your thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Contract Administrator” in the subject line. No calls, please. Not all applicants will receive a response.