Mission driven organization, great benefits, collaborative work environment!
Do you have a knack for cultivating relationships? Do you thrive in an environment where you’re juggling a steady stream of deadlines? Do you have stellar and persuasive writing skills? If so, considering joining the Appalachian Mountain Club where your expertise will play a major role in the protection and enjoyment of the outdoors!
About Us: For over 140 years the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) has promoted conservation throughout the Northeast while helping people get outside. Here are just a few of the ways we’re doing our part!
- We protect the mountains, forests, waters and trails of the Northeast through hands-on stewardship, scientific research and public policy advocacy. AMC and our dedicated staff and volunteers care for more than 1,800 miles of trails throughout the Northeast.
- AMC is committed to reducing the barriers to active outdoor participation by youth. Through custom experiences and dedicated programs for youth groups, schools, families and teens, AMC is committed to getting 125,000 kids outdoors each year by 2020.
- From Maine to New Jersey, the AMC runs overnight lodges, campsites and shelters that welcome all outdoor enthusiasts, providing hot meals, expert advice and promoting leave no trace principles to visitors who lay their head in the wilderness for the night.
The Position: The Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of funders and prospects in order to meet the development department’s grant revenue goals. This role also plays a coordinating role in helping maximize institutional funders’ potential investment across AMC through sponsorships, in-kind contributions and corporate memberships.
In addition to a competitive salary, AMC offers an exceptional benefits package.
- Generous paid time off benefits.
- Health insurance with a hefty employer contribution.
- A retirement plan with an employer match.
- Access to various pro deals that help you purchase gear at deeply reduced rates.
- Free admission to cultural and environmental venues throughout New England.
- And more!
This position also has opportunities to cross country ski, snowshoe and hike on occasion to assist with donor cultivation and events!
The Location: Bright, eco-friendly and centrally located across the Charles River from North Station, our new headquarters is located on Boston’s iconic Freedom Trail surrounded by an array of revitalized urban open spaces. Our office layout provides functional, flexible and collaborative work space for staff!
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent work environment!
- Great employee benefits!
- Opportunity to work on a passionate team of individuals invested in furthering our conservation efforts!
Interested? Click HERE to see full job listing and application instructions or email AMCHR@outdoors.org. Please include your resume and a cover letter. You may also submit your salary requirements. No phone calls, please. The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. We look forward to receiving your application!