To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Catie Reilly, Associate Director of Development, at email@example.com.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist has the primary responsibility for the oversight of all Father Bill’s & MainSpring (FBMS) cultivation, solicitation and stewardship associated with foundations and corporations. Responsibilities include relationship management, grant identification, writing and management, and prospect research to identify and cultivate new sources of funding. The position requires a bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years of experience in donor relations/stewardship and/or grant writing. Demonstrated success in identifying, cultivating and managing fundraising relationships with corporate and foundation leaders. Significant writing experience and proven track record of accessing private grants in excess of $25,000, with the goal to raise $400,000-$500,000 annually.
- Assume primary responsibility for foundation and corporation cultivation, stewardship and retention.
- Activities include meetings, phone calls, letters, reports, emails and external and internal event attendance.
- Lead planning and strategy for donor visits and other targeted contact with donors and prospects. Handle all logistics related to meetings and public relations opportunities, including scheduling meetings, site visits and media opportunities with funders and FBMS senior staff.
- Provide ongoing stewardship to funders – updating them on programs of interest and facilitating sponsorship/recognition opportunities when needed.
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator on cultivating corporate volunteer groups. Meet group on-site to welcome, provide tours and establish relationship. Follow-up with groups, as needed to acknowledge their support and provide further opportunities for engagement.
- Support reporting requirements necessary to sustain successful partnerships with funding sources.
- Work closely with Development team to implement appropriate recognition opportunities for foundation and corporate supporters, including naming opportunities at FBMS sites, press releases and social media highlights. Report back to donors on recognition.
- Maintain record of stewardship actions and contact reports in donor database
Grant Writing/Grant Management
- Develop streamlined process for grant identification, acquisition and follow up pertaining to all private grant activities with the goal to increase number of grant submissions through enhanced research and identification and by re-packaging language. Draft proposals, concept papers and reports to solicit and steward new and current foundations and corporate donors.
- Manages the preparation and submission of proposals and reports in a timely fashion, ensuring enough lead time is given to other staff contributing to the proposal including work with the program teams, Finance and senior staff.
- Responsible for all administrative duties related to grants, including securing all necessary approvals, signatures, attachments, and documentation.
- Maintain accurate records in database, including grant/prospect tracking and follow-up actions
- Identify and qualify foundation and corporate prospects; perform continual research (online and via visits and calls) for new grant opportunities in order to write proposals that match interests.
- Manage and execute appropriate strategies for identifying and soliciting new prospects and obtaining funding, which includes bringing in new foundations by involving FBMS board members, development team and senior staff members, and researching opportunities and engaging with corporate volunteer groups.
- Attend quarterly Resource Development meetings with senior program staff to understand funding priorities as well as operational and capital funding needs. Proactively identify foundation and corporate support to meet these needs.
- Share responsibility with members of Development team to source success stories from program locations and share resources
- Assist with other projects pertaining to communications or program development, as assigned
- Provide support with 3-4 events throughout the year, and represent Development and FBMS at events (may include weekends and evenings)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.