United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is advancing the common good in our region by providing help today in ways that strengthen tomorrow. Our work ensures that children are ready to learn when they enter school, stay engaged in learning and graduate able to compete, and are nurtured by families that have the financial stability to support both their basic needs and future success. No other single organization has the scope, expertise, and influence to bring together hundreds of human services agencies, government, businesses, private foundations and dedicated volunteers around a common vision of creating maximum impact and achieving long-lasting results.
Why United Way?
We all want to have the greatest possible impact on our community and the issues that we care about. Join the movement. Through United Way, you unite your hopes and strengths with others to accomplish more than any of us can alone.
The Coordinator will support the Corporate Engagement team by managing relationships and logistics associated with implementing United Way’s corporate volunteer opportunities. The coordinator’s key responsibilities will include data management, agency relations, and providing volunteer management expertise through United Way’s online volunteer platform, Volunteer HQ. The Coordinator will work as part of a team tasked with implementing a new corporate engagement strategy aimed at increasing and deepening the volunteer experience for United Way’s top corporate partners. To that end, the coordinator will be working on a cross-functional team in the process of expanding and scaling existing work, creating new corporate on-site and off-site volunteer opportunities, and streamlining current processes and operations to better serve United Way’s partner agencies and corporate accounts.
The primary role of this position will be focused on capturing and managing sound data. The coordinator will collect, track, and report on data through Andar for corporate volunteer projects, as well as manage the team’s project report which captures volunteer numbers, hours, and project types for goal setting/tracking purposes and annual reporting. This position will support org-wide efforts to analyze and provide current data sets to explore trends and identify United Way’s volunteer to donor conversion rate. The coordinator will also be responsible for supporting the overall workplace team with data related projects as needed.
Create request form and track agency responses to quarterly volunteer needs survey. Responsible for allocating supplies and in-kind donations to partner agencies from corporate partners. Assist in the development of new corporate engagement opportunities based on agency requests.
Provide support, technical assistance, and volunteer management expertise to funded partners and other nonprofit agencies with accounts on Volunteer HQ. Provide support and technical assistance to individual volunteers across United Way’s catchment area who have an account on the website. Responsible for the technical support, creation, and management of surveys, advanced events, and opportunities the Corporate Engagement team executes and organizes on Volunteer HQ (i.e. service days, K-Ready Kids, Lend-a-Hand column, etc.).
Provide Support for Ongoing Corporate Engagement Efforts
Work with other members of the Corporate Engagement team to support activities including days of service, one-offs (onsite and offsite), etc. Responsibilities may include managing logistics, volunteer recruitment, onsite volunteer management, communication with volunteers, and evaluation, tracking, data entry, and reporting. The coordinator will also assist with supply ordering, tracking inventory, processing internal forms, and allocate donations in order to ensure successful completion of corporate projects. Manage the general mailbox, respond to volunteer inquiries from the UWMB/UWGS website, and monitor corporate request forms, and assign requests to the appropriate manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 1 of experience in volunteer, event, and/or program management.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Proven ability to create and cultivate professional relationships
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal/public speaking.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work under pressure with urgency and diligence to complete tasks on time
- Project management skills – ability to schedule/plan/complete complex projects on time.
- Proven ability to collaborate and be successful working on and with cross-functional teams.
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, persistent in follow-up, meet tight deadlines and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Strong skills with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, internet and social media.
- Experience using database systems similar to Andar and volunteer management platforms similar to Get Connected/Galaxy Digital preferred but not required.
- Flexibility to travel as needed to support corporate engagement team members in the Merrimack Valley, North Shore, and Seacoast regions.
- Commitment to excellence and the mission of United Way!
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210
For more information, please go to supportunitedway.org