Since 1985, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) has provided compassionate and dignified health care to adults and children experiencing homelessness in the greater Boston area. For FY2019, we have set a fundraising goal of over $4 million to support this critical need. Corporate giving is seen as our greatest opportunity for revenue expansion - at least 30% of our annual goal will come from corporations.
To achieve this, our busy development team is seeking an experienced Corporate Relations Manager. In this role, you’ll identify and capitalize on opportunities to grow financial support from corporations through active engagement of corporate partners and their employees in our work. We’re looking for an outgoing self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who will create and implement a comprehensive plan to reach corporate donors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new corporate partnerships
- Make initial outreach and schedule face-to-face meetings with prospective corporate funders to discuss BHCHP and present program needs
- Attend meetings and events hosted by business/affinity groups with the goal of developing relationships with corporate contacts
- Update Development Team on the changing Greater Boston business community, particularly as it relates to existing partners or new corporate engagement opportunities
- Build and strengthen relationships by leading corporate volunteer groups, including opportunities for patient-facing and behind-the-scenes activities
- Lead the Emerging Leaders Board (ELB) and implement strategies that will increase the engagement of young professionals in BHCHP’s, engage with companies represented by the ELB and manage members in garnering corporate support for ELB events
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a minimum of 3 -5 years in corporate fundraising, corporate relations, development work or related experience preferred
- Able to comfortably network and initiate discussions with business professionals at all levels both in person and over the phone
- Able to interact with patients who have experienced trauma, and diffuse interpersonal situations that may arise between patients during volunteer activities
- Excellent interpersonal communication, oral presentation, and writing skills
- Proven successful track record of meeting/exceeding corporate fundraising goals
To apply, please visit: https://bit.ly/2K0nYs9