The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is an independent national nonprofit whose scientists and engineers work to solve some of our planet's most pressing environmental and safety problems. UCS combines technical analysis and effective organizing and advocacy to create innovative, practical solutions for stemming the tide of global warming, sustainable food policy and agriculture, energy and transportation, fighting misinformation and reducing the threat of catastrophic nuclear war.
The Data Integration Coordinator maintains the smooth flow of information between our offline and online databases. Maintains the data integrity of both systems, conducts training, maintains documentation and may be called up to create custom solutions using various software packages.
- Coordinates online and offline database syncing to ensure data is clean, accurate, and up to date.
- Understands all facets of UCS’s databases and trains staff in both systems.
- Conduct periodic quality assurance checks of data to confirm accurate entry processes.
- Develops and maintains written documentation on all integration procedures.
- Remains informed on software updates, upgrades, and additional services that may affect integration.
- Troubleshoots data issues with online CRM vendor, submit support tickets, monitor bug status and advocate for software solutions that would benefit UCS.
- Assist program staff with queries and exports of data from online and offline databases.
- Handles the planning and execution of data field changes in the online CRM. Runs the migration of data from old databases to new databases.
- May be required to develop or maintain custom solutions in MS Access, through API or other third-party software.
Position requires at least five years of successful comparable and relevant experience. Experience with integration between database systems and understanding of relational databases or background in programming required. Experience with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge software and online CRM systems strongly preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Microsoft Access skills and the ability to learn advanced skills needed. Familiarity with and interest in development, fund-raising, and advocacy techniques and principles is also a plus.
At UCS, comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees when appropriate.
This is a full-time position based in UCS's Cambridge office. For candidates who meet all position requirements, the salary is $52,000 per year. UCS offers excellent benefits and a rewarding work environment.
Little or no exertion; may require extended periods at a computer.
Expected travel is 0-3 times a year.
UCS is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff. In particular, we're dedicated to broadening opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy. We're also committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We've adopted this commitment because we believe the inclusion of culturally diverse perspectives will improve our work and produce better societal and environmental outcomes for all, including historically disenfranchised communities. We are actively seeking candidates who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in this work.
Information about the organization is available at http://www.ucsusa.org
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, how you learned about the position via email to email@example.com and include “Data Integration Coordinator” in the subject line. Email materials in Word or PDF format only. No phone calls please. Deadline: April 15, 2016 or until filled.