Location: Cambridge, MA
Type: Full time employee
Compensation: $44,000-$52,000 annual
A full-time position reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, the Development and Database Coordinator is an integral part of the team - assisting in the execution of fundraising efforts, supporting the administration of PCP’s database, and assisting in the creation of sponsor communications and content. This role implements strategies and initiatives to engage current and prospective donors, contributes to grant and fundraising opportunities, and implements best practices to optimize PCP’s internal database. A team player, the Development and Communications Coordinator will have a passion for executing both the technical and creative responsibilities of this position - demonstrating a tenacity for learning, optimizing, and taking initiative in database operations and content creation.
Primary Care Progress (PCP), founded in 2010, is a national 501(c)3 dedicated to strengthening the community at the heart of care. We are grounded in the belief that the future of healthcare depends on a vibrant primary care system and workforce equipped with the relational skills to build a culture where they feel engaged, fulfilled, and capable of leading from where they stand. PCP supports care teams, institutions, and the next generation of providers in their learning of how to become passionate advocates for their patients, colleagues, and themselves. PCP strives build to a powerful primary care community to lead healthcare transformation, rather than reacting to it. For more information about our work, please visit www.primarycareprogress.org.
Our organization is driven as much by our values as we are by our mission. That means every member of the team works hard to embody:
- Trust, Integrity, and an Eagerness to Learn
We engage really smart people, invest in them, and trust them to do their best.
- Commitment to the Team and the Mission
We believe in the strength of diverse, engaged teams, working collaboratively to achieve great things.
- Equity and Inclusion
We’re fearless advocates for health equity and access, championing a system of care that welcomes and respects all.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
- Support development and implementation of development strategy
- Manage day-to-day administrative tasks for development and in partnership with marketing and communications
- Contribute to and support proposal development, submission, and follow-up as needed
- Assist in database administration and updates of database records
In partnership with the Director of Operations, manage Salesforce data, including (but not limited to):
- Assist in the development of tailored mailing lists, reports, and dashboards.
- Track event attendance/participation, gifts, and constituent queries.
- Maintain records in Salesforce for all fundraising, grants, and event sponsorship, including entry of data related to donations, recurring gifts, credit cards, payroll deductions, wire transfers/EFTs, gifts-in-kind, etc.
- Recommend measures to improve quality and accuracy of data and stay abreast of Salesforce updates.
- Maintain the integrity of the Salesforce database and serve as resource to all staff to ensure quality control and adherence to procedures.
- Maintain all database records and reinforce rules for proper data entry.
- Manage automation of Salesforce business processes and workflows
- Collaborate with teams to continuously improve existing workflows and create new ones as needed
Under supervision of the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications and in partnership with internal and/or external development staff or consultants, support creation and manage implementation of funder/donor relationships with current and prospective constituents, including (but not limited to):
- Collaborate with PCP staff and/or consultants to identify, prospect, and propose potential grant opportunities that align with organizational strategy.
- Collaborate with PCP staff and/or consultants to support grant proposal development, tracking and management.
- Deploy strategy and implementation of quarterly fundraising campaigns, including the Annual Appeal.
- Assist in event sponsorship outreach, sponsor communications, and fulfillment of sponsorship agreements.
- Process, track, and deploy all gift acknowledgements.
- Work with outside vendors and brokers to ensure gifts of stock are processed and recorded correctly and according to the request of the donor.
- Draft and create content for fundraising initiatives, including (but not limited to):
- Email and/or web copy for donors, sponsorships, and the Annual Appeal
- Graphic design of collateral supporting fundraising initiatives
- Recommendations and support for social media and/or digital marketing
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of equivalent experience
- Demonstrated skill with data management systems and analysis; experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems required.
- Demonstrated skill and experience with development and fundraising, including grant prospecting, writing, donor solicitation and management.
- Knowledge of Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational capabilities and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of social media marketing and understanding of digital/traditional fundraising trends.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design. Experience with Canva, Photoshop, and InDesign preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed manner and in collaboration with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through and ability to meet deadlines.
- Action-oriented and adaptable problem-solver with the ability to exercise professional judgment to find solutions to problems as they arise.
- Demonstrated passion and eagerness to support for Primary Care Progress’ mission to transform primary care delivery in new, creative ways.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by submitting the following application materials at the link:
1. Cover letter
Primary Care Progress provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, family status, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to hiring, job assignment, performance assessment, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoff and termination, are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.