BCNC seeks to hire enthusiastic, mission-driven professionals to join our dynamic organization. An ideal candidate is one who is passionate about, and dedicated to, improving the lives of families in our community. BCNC embodies a respectful, collaborative, and supportive work environment, and encourages you to apply for positions within our organization if you value a similar work culture. With an annual budget of $6 million, BCNC is looking for a professional to join a dynamic development team. The position is open starting August 1, 2019.
Reporting to the Special Events Manager, the Development Associate is responsible for supporting the achievement of BCNC’s annual fundraising goals.
• Assisting on planning and production of special events
• Managing event volunteers and interns
• Soliciting corporations and individuals for event sponsorships
• Creating print materials and correspondence
• Writing and developing communication materials
• Managing email and social media communications as well as website
• Developing online and email appeals
• Managing data for print mailings and email distribution
• Assisting in the production of multimedia materials
Skills and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate is flexible and eager to learn, has the ability to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks at once. Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented attitude is required. The job is in an office environment in Boston and requires occasional evenings and weekends for events and meetings. A commitment to and understanding of the mission of BCNC are important.
• B.A or B.S. required
• One to two years of relevant experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong planning and organizing skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and attention to details
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Capacity to work well independently and take initiative as well as to collaborate with colleagues
• Flexibility and eager to learn – willing to adapt to new and evolving organizational and funding priorities
• Experience with database system, such as Raiser’s Edge
• Proficiency in Windows environment and social media
• Graphic design skills are preferred
About BCNC: Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (BCNC) empowers Asians and new immigrants to build healthy families, achieve greater economic success, and contribute to thriving communities by providing a broad range of innovative and family-centered programs and services to more than 8,000 children, youth, and adults every year.
BCNC is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes accepted until position is filled.
Interested candidates pleaes email cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org