Working collaboratively with the BOL’s administrative and program staff, Board of Directors, Capital Campaign Committee, Development Committee, Development Consultant, and volunteers, the Development Coordinator will be primarily responsible for assisting on the coordination of a comprehensive capital campaign currently underway, as well as major gift cultivation and solicitation. The chosen candidate will also assist in the coordination of all capital campaign initiatives including but not limited to, direct mail efforts, social media, public relations/marketing, internal/external communications and special events.
- Assist to establish fundraising priorities and activities and ensure these are realistically planned and met.
- Foster relationships with current and past donors.
- Seek new funding sources.
- Coordinate gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- As part of a team, assist in soliciting, in person, major gift prospects.
- Assist in developing and implementation of successful direct mail and electronic solicitation.
- Assist to research foundation prospects.
- Assist to prepare and submit capital campaign related grant proposals, and communicate with foundation prospects prior to and after proposal submission.
- Assist in planning and implementation of fund-raising events, including:
-- Supervising event design elements, promotion, advertising and logistics
-- Obtain event sponsors
-- Analyzing event fund raising performance.
- Record gifts and pledges and send acknowledgements in a timely manner.
- Manage the agencies database, keeping it current and clean.
- Coordinate all public relations efforts.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent prior experience
- Three to five years of nonprofit fundraising/development or related experience
- Knowledge of donor database management and customer relationship management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to set and meet goals mutually agreed upon with Management Team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication, research and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies
This position is part time (20 hours per week) and no benefits. You will be reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Development Consultant and Capital Campaign Chairperson.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a Cover Letter and Resume in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. In the subject line, please state Development Coordinator Position. We will NOT accept and Mailed, Faxed or Dropped Off submissions.