Jewish Vocational Service, a non-profit workforce development organization, seeks a full-time experienced Development Operations Assistant. The Assistant is an integral part of the overall Development Team, working closely with both the VP of Advancement and the Individual Giving Manager. This position reports to the Institutional Giving Manager, and ensures that the overall operations of the department run smoothly as priorities shift throughout the year. This position also works closely and receives direction from the Individual Giving Manager. This person is primarily responsible for gift entry, grant operations support, and detail coordination of the department’s fundraising events, including the spring Gala. This person may supervise interns and volunteers to provide administrative support.
The right candidate will have:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• One to three years of progressive fundraising development experience, or similar project management experience
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet shifting deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• High level of comfort and accuracy in working with numbers and data and spreadsheets
• Knowledge of fundraising database, in particular Raiser’s Edge, preferred
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working with community volunteers and business professionals
• Ability to manage confidential information
• Knowledge of the Greater Boston philanthropic community preferred
• Familiarity with the Jewish community a plus
Work hours are generally 9-5 Monday through Friday (full-time 35 hours/week). Occasional evening and weekend hours required. As a full-time employee, you will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), short and long term disability and life insurance plans. A robust paid time off plan is also part of the offering.
If you wish to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate in your cover letter where you saw the listing.
JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.