Development Operations Assistant
GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders is New England’s leading legal rights organization dedicated to ending discrimination based on sexual orientation, HIV status, and gender identity and expression.
The Development Department supports GLAD’s work through fundraising events, individual donations, and grants. We are looking for data entry specialist who is excited to help raise funds in a fast-paced, progressive non-profit organization.
The Development Operations Assistant provides critical support to the Development Department. They carry out all gift and acknowledgment processes with an eye toward efficiency and industry best practices. The Development Operations Assistant also manages GLAD’s event registration process, helps with onsite event registration, and provides key administrative support to the Development Department. The Development Operations Assistant will build and use a strong base of knowledge in fundraising and gift processing best practices, Salesforce, and data hygiene.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Gift and data processing:
- Accurately and regularly enter all gifts and pledges into Salesforce
- Produce acknowledgment letters and manage regular updates to letter templates
- Prepare and send monthly pledge reminders and year-end tax letters to donors
- Provide gift-related information to donors and constituents as requested
- Track guest and gift information leading up to GLAD events
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development and team as needed, including scheduling, filing, event logistics support, donor calls, assistance with mailings, and other tasks as needed
- Maintain and run Salesforce reports
- Assist with complex database projects
- Assist with data cleanup and edits to constituent records
- Attend and lead registration at GLAD events
- Serve as a member of GLAD’s back-up reception team, answering phones as needed
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- Proactive and willing to show initiative and ask questions
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Comfort doing outreach and spending time on phone. Prior donor-facing or customer service experience a plus.
- Prior database or experience tracking data preferred. Experience in Salesforce a plus.
- Prior experience working in an office. Prior experience working in Fundraising or nonprofits a plus.
Reports to: Data and Systems Manager
Compensation: $38,200 starting salary, excellent benefits include health, dental and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with employer contribution; three weeks’ vacation; and supportive and friendly work environment dedicated to groundbreaking achievement for the LGBTQ and HIV communities.
Send cover letter and resume via e-mail (no phone calls) to Erin Semagin Damio, Data and Systems Manager at ESemaginDamio@glad.org Please include the “Development Operations Assistant” title in the subject line.
Only applications with both cover letter and résumé will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
GLAD is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff. Transgender and Non-binary persons, people of color, and individuals with disabilities, including HIV are encouraged to apply.