The Wade Institute for Science Education seeks a mission-driven, experienced and creative development professional to design and implement fundraising strategies to support the organization’s initiatives and programs. The Wade Institute for Science Education is a not-for profit corporation whose mission is to promote the teaching of participatory, inquiry-based science, mathematics and technology/engineering education at the K-12 levels in partnership with museums and other non-profit organizations. The Wade Institute provides professional learning programs and resources for K-12 formal and informal educators. This is a part-time position based in Quincy, MA.
This is an exciting time to join the Wade Institute. With a new strategic plan, long-time leadership at the board and executive level, and strong program and administrative staff, the organization is poised to have a significant impact on STEM education locally, regionally, and nationally.
The Director of Development will have a strategic and comprehensive focus around outreach to existing supporters and new prospects with the goals of increasing major gifts and annual fund giving from individuals, developing a strong pipeline of corporate and foundation funders and exploring public funding opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build key relationships with existing donors and new prospects, including individuals, foundations, corporations, research organizations, education agencies, state and federal government agencies and other relevant organizations.
- Plan and implement all development efforts, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Manage all donor communications, including acknowledgements and donor newsletter. Collaborate with other Wade Institute staff to develop materials and social media activities related to development.
- Further develop and enhance annual giving and major gift programs.
- Research, cultivate and apply to foundation and corporate funders. There is the potential to work with a contract grant writer if necessary.
- Explore opportunities for public funding and a planned giving program for individuals.
- Build the capacity of Board members and other staff to participate in ongoing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Establish appropriate and achievable goals for development initiatives and activities for each fiscal year.
- Maintain relevant donor data in the organization’s CRM system (DonorPerfect).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated success in securing major support from private and/or public sources for educational or related projects and in developing effective working relationships with external organizations and agencies.
- Experience in “small shop” development operations strongly preferred.
- Experience in education and with STEM organizations preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills and ability to prioritize.
The Director of Development is a part-time position based out of Quincy, MA. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Closing Date: December 30th or until the position is filled.
To Apply: send cover letter (required) and resume to the Wade Institute for Science Education, 1354 Hancock Street, Suite 302, Quincy, MA 02169, email@example.com. The Wade Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on the Wade Institute for Science Education visit www.wadeinstitutema.org.