About Connecticut Cannabis Innovation and Research Center (CT Can)
CT Can is a newly launched Connecticut-based research and innovation center supporting the medical and scientific study and application of Cannabis, its various applications, and cannabis-related technologies. CT Can seeks to develop a data-driven model to promote the best research and raise funds for new studies. It hopes to create a nexus for science-based collaboration across the world in the cannabis space. This exciting new Executive Director position is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial, energetic, collaborative, science and research savvy person to help launch the organization, raise funds, and begin the journey of reaching its interesting goals.
CT Can plans to build a clearinghouse of Cannabis-related medical and scientific research, as well as provide seed money, grants, and funding for medical and scientific cannabis research across the following (but not limited to) disciplines: agricultural research, medical effectiveness of cannabis, Cannabis as medication, the isolation of compounds in the cannabis plant, pain management, user addiction, Opioid addiction, strain testing, mechanisms for most effective delivery, and health and consistency product testing devices. It will consolidate and track patient and outcome data connected to cannabis and its use. Creating networks and synergies among researchers and innovators in the cannabis space is an important outcome as well.
Of note, CT Can is not a policy or advocacy group. It is explicitly not for or against the use of legal cannabis or its legalization, and it is a non-political and non-religious organization.
Private donations support CT-CAN's launch. This position will be its first full time staff; administrative/fiscal support is available. The work is CT-based and offers flexibility in where the executive resides.
CT Can is seeking an Executive Director excited to help create the leading science-based Cannabis Innovation and Research Center in Connecticut. The Executive Director will:
- Establish, maintain, and enhance CT Can's collaborations with universities and other research partners, government officials and private companies, and expand the impact research has on U.S. and global health and health policy
- Support and evaluate activities involving CT Can's resources to ensure they are used as productively as possible, and for designing and implementing innovative new initiatives
- Attract researchers and innovators from multiple institutions and backgrounds to participate in the science-based study of Cannabis and its various applications
- Promote the center to potential donors and for sponsorship, and identify, source, and seek funding from public and private organizations
- Build a collaborative organization that will become a magnet for researchers on a global scale
- Establish CT Can's nonprofit infrastructure, including building needed staff
- Assist in growing the governing Board and Scientific Advisory Committee
Successful applicants will have:
- An established track record of leadership working with internal and external stakeholders and a diverse constituency of researchers across many organizations
- Ability to collaborate with multiple large organizations, but also comfort working in start-up situation
- Demonstrated experience securing funding from multiple sources
- An understanding of the opportunities for collaborative research at the forefront of health, health promotion intervention research, and health policy in the U.S. and internationally
- Experience leading a nonprofit organization with a commitment to sound business principles
- High energy and a receptivity to new ideas
- Familiarity with regulatory environment helpful
- A Bachelor's degree required; Master's+ degree preferred
This search is being conducted by TSNE MissionWorks with transition consultant Nancy Jackson. All submissions will be acknowledged and are confidential.
Please include a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements, information regarding how you learned of the position, and a description of how your qualifications and experience match CT Can's needs and mission. All submissions of candidacy will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with experience, within the framework of the organization's annual operating budget.
CT Can is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.