The Executive Director will support and facilitate Board activities, committee goals and initiatives, and community relations to fulfill the mission and goals of the organization. They will provide support, resources, and information to businesses, residents, neighborhood associations and work with key stakeholders and municipal agencies to help grow and maintain the vitality of Allston Village.
Founded in 1996, Allston Village Main Streets works to develop a thriving commercial district by assisting neighborhood businesses and promoting the physical and cultural vitality of Allston Village. Allston Village is a young, diverse, and food and entertainment centered commercial corridor. The organization follows the National Main Street Program’s four-point approach to maintain Allston Village as a great place to live, work, play, and own a small business.
- Professional experience in one or more of the following areas: community development, economic development, urban planning, neighborhood commercial revitalization, government relations, community organizing
- High level of cultural competency and experience working in diverse and multicultural settings
- Experience in resource development, fundraising, and event planning
- Experience in program development and execution
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and coordinate a volunteer-run organization
- Experience with QuickBooks, MS Office applications, Salesforce, social media, design software, and constant contact preferred
- Familiarity with the Allston neighborhood preferred but not required
- Act as the face of the organization in public, mission-driven, and donor-center communication
- Provide services and assistance to the nearly 300 businesses in Allston Village
- Manage and support the organization’s volunteer Board of Directors on governance, strategic planning, and fundraising
- Develop and maintain relationships with neighborhood businesses, organizations, municipal agencies, and key stakeholders
- Develop and help execute fundraising efforts for the organization including the Taste of Allston and Annual Appeal
- Work with committees to develop and execute organizational programs and projects
- Work with the Treasurer to maintain accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization
Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
AVMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBT persons, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.