Overview: After 20 years of successful programming in Boston and Lawrence, SquashBusters is very pleased to announce its expansion to Providence, RI in the late fall of 2017. This expansion will be supported by the construction of a brand new 12 court squash facility, developed in partnership with the Moses Brown School and located on Moses Brown's campus. This facility will allow SquashBusters to successfully launch a first-rate urban squash program and eventually to grow the program so that it serves 100+ middle and high school students. With a loyal squash community, several world-class educational institutions, and significant after-school program need and proximity to Boston, Providence represents a great city for SquashBusters' expansion. The Executive Director will be responsible for raising all operating revenues and for building and overseeing a top-notch program reflective of SquashBusters values and expectations. The SquashBusters Providence Executive Director will report to and be supported by the CEO and COO of SquashBusters.
- Fundraising - Manage and secure the annual operating budget. This includes the establishment of a successful fundraising event modelled after the SQB Derby, individual solicitations, engagement with foundations and oversight of grant writing. Head up the establishment of a Providence Leadership Council and serve as its Chair for the first year. Work closely with SquashBusters CEO and Director of Institutional Advancement to implement fundraising strategy
- Program - Oversee implementation of all program components including school-year and summer. Support Program Director to ensure and evaluate student progress, student retention and attendance, school partnerships, and staffing needs. Program components include: squash instruction and competition, MCAS, SSAT, ISEE and SAT testing, homework help, community service planning, mentor and volunteer recruitment, training, and support, transportation planning, high school and college guidance counseling and placement, parent and teacher nights, team trips.
- Staffing – In conjunction with SquashBusters COO, oversee hiring of Program Director and Academic/Squash Coordinator. Ensure staff is performing at a high level.
- Budget and Operations - Oversee all financial, budgetary and administrative aspects of the organization including budget setting, financial reporting, accounting and auditing, and database management.
- Communication and Leadership - Oversee external communications, working closely with SqB Director of Institutional Advancement. Represent SquashBusters in all major dealings with Moses Brown School, ensuring compliance with all lease terms. Ensure clear and ongoing communication with Moses Brown regarding schedule changes, building repairs and updates, and all other building matters.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Greg Zaff, email@example.com