Trinity Boston Foundation (TBF) is looking for an experienced professional to join this dynamic and fast-growing community change organization. With a mission to unlock opportunity and change the odds for the youth of Boston, TBF delivers programs that serve youth and families and build dense networks of relationships and community support for youth city-wide.
Trinity Boston Foundation (TBF) is a subsidiary of Trinity Church in the City of Boston and all employees are entitled to receive all church benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance and Development Assistant is responsible for administrative operations of the finance and development department, payroll processing, revenue, and Raiser’s Edge management. The position reports to Finance and Operations Manager with a dotted line to the Chief Development Officer.
- Process all invoices and expense reports
- Track expenses and reconcile credit card statements
- Stamp/Stuff/Mail vendor checks
- Payroll processing
- Reconcile Raiser’s Edge and non-database systems, including the General Ledger
- Bill clients for contracted work
- Add new donors to Raiser’s Edge
- Enter gifts into Raiser’s Edge with appropriate coding
- Work closely with the Trinity Church finance department
- Generate donor reports
- Prepare development reports
- Update and correct constituent Raiser’s Edge records
- Assist in annual fundraiser event logistics
- Assist in development projects as assigned (e.g., mailings and events)
- Provide admin support for Chief Development Officer
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required, with demonstrated interest in accounting and finance
- Raiser’s Edge Database experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), esp. MS Excel
- Strong organizational skills, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Adept at providing effective report solutions to meet data and analytics needs
- 1–2 years professional experience preferred; recent graduates with appropriate accounting and finance background encouraged to apply
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Eagerness to be a key player on a small team, with an ability to work independently
TBF is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse team, and strongly encourages applications from a wide range of backgrounds, including people of color.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org