All applications should be submitted online. Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select “Grants Administration Associate” to complete our online application process. Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: Grants Administration Associate
Reports To: Grants Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt FTE: 1
Works with the Director of Grants Management and the Grants Manager to import grant applications into the database, respond to phone and email inquiries from actual and potential grant applicants, provide program staff/review teams with application material and grant reports as needed, and follow up with applicants throughout the review process.
- Processes grant applications and reports using online grants management system (IGAM), SQL reports and SurveyMonkey;
- Manages and tracks open applications, including following up on proposals with grantees, applicants, and program staff and ongoing maintenance of due diligence rubric and survey instruments;
- Communicates internally, particularly with program directors, officers and associates and proposal review teams;
- Communicates externally with grantees, applicants and potential applicants regarding grants and grants process;
- Provides reports, responses to inquiries and grant histories to internal staff as requested;
- Supports the design and implementation of the new grants management system;
- Processes grants and installments for payment; and
- Participates in proposal review processes for special grantmaking programs such as Open Door Grants, Equality Fund, Latino Legacy Fund as available.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent; and
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Facility with Microsoft Office products especially Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point;
- Database experience strongly preferred;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Reliable and punctual;
- Participative and proactive work style, team player and sense of humor;
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of people; and
- Quick to learn new software and processes.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Long periods sitting at a computer terminal, but with flexibility to stretch or move about freely as needed.
- Ability to carry up to 25 pounds
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.