Way Finders is a mission-oriented, nonprofit organization offering a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference. Way Finders is currently seeking an experienced professional to join its Resource Development team as a Grants Manager.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Resource Development, the Grants Manager is a key member of the Resource Development team and is responsible for leading the majority of the agency’s grant initiatives. S/he is a proficient writer, editor and researcher, experienced with writing government, corporate, and foundation grants.
The Grants Manager is experienced with the preparation of concept papers, narratives, proposals, budgets, and status reports. S/he has the proven ability to coordinate multiple grant applications simultaneously within parameters of time sensitive deadlines. In addition, s/he must be able to efficiently track grant results and income projections.
The Grants Manager is a team player with the ability to foster and build relationships and partnerships, collaborating effectively with diverse internal and external constituencies. Embedded within this competency is maintaining a proactive mindset to grant writing, working with program staff to find funding opportunities that align with current needs and gaps identified, and developing the case for support necessary to garner new funding.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with government and private grant writing for a non-for-profit organization. Experience with affordable housing, homeownership or homelessness is highly desired. Candidates must have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to analyze and manage competing priorities in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years' experience required. Additional qualities of a strong candidate include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals;
- Skilled meeting facilitator – s/he will be responsible for presenting funding opportunities and recommendations to internal groups and planning and executing one-on-one work sessions with key staff;
- Methodical, organized, excellent attention to detail and stickler for accuracy;
- Able to plan effectively and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines, with limited oversight;
- Constantly reflects, relishes feedback, and seeks opportunities to improve;
- Flexible attitude, hard-worker, and proactive team player.
Salary between $53,500 - $70,000 depending on education and experience, plus excellent benefits. Applications accepted through March 25, 2018. Interested candidates must include resume, cover letter, and writing sample. Apply here: https://goo.gl/7bq6Ao
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identify, disability, handicap, veteran status or national origin.