Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation (DBEDC), now in its 41st year of service in the Uphams Corner neighborhood in Dorchester seeks a results-driven Grants Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Impact and working as part of a team, the Grants Manager is primarily responsible for writing grant proposals, reports, and other development communications. The Grants Manager will identify potential grant support from government agencies, foundations and corporations to meet the programmatic and financial needs of DBEDC, research prospective funding opportunities, and support DBEDC’s fundraising plans to meet and increase current fundraising goals.
Grant Development / Sourcing
● Proactively cultivates, develops and manages relationships with a network of grant-making institutions to meet revenue targets. Continually builds the pipeline over a multi-year period, staying apprised of developments in the field.
● Conducts research on various private and public sources of funding, including foundations, corporations, state, federal and local agencies, and attends informational events.
● Working with Director of Strategy and Impact and Chief Executive Officer engages with program officers at grant-making organizations to identify areas of strategic alignment and to solicit requests for proposals.
● Provides stewardship to funders by ensuring appropriate grant acknowledgment and recognition and provides frequent written reports leveraging existing resources and data.
● Creates, fosters and maintains effective relationships with funding organizations, volunteers, board members, community leaders, prospective donors, and all DBEDC staff.
● Thinks creatively about innovative grant solutions that meet DBEDC’s impact goals and objectives.
Grant Writing /Administration/ Management
● Develops and maintains thorough familiarity of DBEDC’s mission, vision, values and daily operations to effectively develop, integrate and align current and prospective grant-writing strategy.
● Generates revenue for DBEDC through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant/funding proposals according to the funder’s requirements.
● Manage and coordinate grants and contracts from needs assessment and program development through award, implementation, reporting and invoicing. ● Maintains and implements funding calendar, reporting, and activity log including cultivation activities on a shared drive and in the organizational database.
● Works closely with Finance team to gather relevant grant data, to understand, monitor, and communicate about DBEDC’s grants program, and to develop grant budgets.
● Conducts pre-grant application meetings/reviews with appropriate team members across departments to determine cost/benefits, eligibility, timelines, responsibilities, and application process.
● Meets or exceeds annual goals for revenue and number of applications submitted.
● Participates as a team member in Strategic Planning, Resource Development and Marketing and other organizational activities.
● Actively participates in projects, special events, cross-functional teams or workgroups that support the work of the entire organization.
● Works closely with the Communications Manager to develop marketing content and materials that will be relevant to corporate donors and foundations.
● Other organizational duties as requested.
Knowledge And Skills:
● 3-5 years of proven grant writing experience with complex, creative grant submissions and revenue achievement.
● Knowledge of grant programs, policies and procedures for submittal and monitoring applications, letters of intent and proposals.
● Demonstrated knowledge of and relationships with local and national grant-making institutions.
● Superior English writing skills: writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read, interpret written information quickly assessing fit and translating relationship to DBEDC’s needs/services.
● Ability to turn data into narrative, and creatively find funding sources to meet project requirements. ● Ability to work effectively under rigorous deadlines when necessary, independently and with others.
● Excellent project management skills, moving from strategy to tactics, as projects require.
● Generates creative solutions, demonstrates superior attention to detail.
● Ability to use cloud-based collaboration software like G Suite (or Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
● Ability to use CRMs like Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge.
● Ability to develop and maintain trust and confidence among various constituencies, including senior management, team leads, community partners and funding sources.
● Excellent judgment, strong diplomacy skills and professionalism required, including the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
● Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
● A desire to serve low-income individuals and families.
● A commitment to racial equity.
● Experience working in diverse organizations and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and constituents from diverse backgrounds.
Application and Selection Process:
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position, qualifications, and salary requirements, a resume, and three writing samples to Vincent Pina, Director of Human Resources (email@example.com). No phone calls, please. Dorchester Bay Economic Development Corporation views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as vital guiding principles in all of our work. We welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented groups including racial and ethnic minorities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, persons from diverse educational and economic backgrounds, and all individuals who may contribute to the diversity of the organization and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.