Title: Intern, The Philanthropic Initiative
Department: Philanthropy, The Philanthropic Initiative
Reports To: Senior Partner, TPI
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt FTE: 1
The Intern will work on client engagements and field leadership work, specifically the Invest for Better – Women Lead the Way in Impact Investing initiative.
Hours and Compensation:
Seeking an intern who will work 35 hours/week May 20 - August 16th with the possibility of extension. Compensation is $15/hr.
Invest for Better Initiative
· Support visibility/activation campaign outreach, including social media strategies, partnerships, conferences and events, building the number of pledgers
· Create website content including blogs, resources, case studies, etc.
· Organization, outreach and administration for project overall
· Grants management and scholarship/college success program support
· Social issues and benchmarking research
· Administrative support
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in progress required
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
· Strong writing, research and organizational skills required;
· Knowledge of and interest in philanthropy
· The ability to plan, think analytically, pay attention to detail and follow through;
· Self-motivation and ability to manage multiple tasks; and
· Experience with social media content creation and platform management.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
· Ability to sit for long periods of time
· Ability to use a computer workstation and keyboard for long periods of time
· Ability to carry up to 5 pounds
The content is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to constitute an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job (including those listed above) either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee on a case-by-case basis.
This job description is intended to be general and may be revised from time to time. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.