TSNE MissionWorks (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE MissionWorks is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
The Learning and Evaluation Coordinator will help implement TSNE MissionWorks’ learning strategies, practices, and systems. This includes collaborating with department leaders to identify quality and impact metrics, analyzing large data sets, and leading learning practices. The Learning and Evaluation Coordinator will specialize in designing and implementing performance measures for TSNE MW’s programs and services. Additionally, this person will support the Director of Learning and Evaluation in launching effective practices and tools for collecting, analyzing, and actualizing key learnings in order to continuously improve the quality and impact of the TSNE MissionWorks’ programs. The Learning and Evaluation Coordinator will also provide ongoing training and supports in order to develop individuals’ learning and evaluation capacities. Lastly, this person will support TSNE MissionWorks’ learning and evaluation activities and work closely with department leaders to ensure they have the necessary tools and systems to assess the quality and impact of their programs.
Evaluation and Monitoring
- Facilitate and manage ongoing evaluation projects from start to finish, collaborating with staff from across the organization.
- Develop mixed methodology performance management processes using survey instruments, interviews, focus groups, and other tools;
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data, interpreting and integrating key learnings into on-going program efforts;
- Work with department leaders and program managers to identify and create measures for service quality and impact-related performance indicators;
- Collaborate with staff to design and implementation performance management processes and strategies;
- Create and implement appropriate data collection and learning based tools;
- Conduct research-related activities as needed, including literature reviews and environmental scans, and reading and synthesizing published studies;
- Collaborate with the Director of Learning and Evaluation to further develop learning and evaluation processes that measure program’s quality of service and impact;
Program Planning and Support
- In partnership with leaders, implement programmatic learning practices and processes that help staff identify actionable insights;
- Help foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement by facilitating data-based group learning practices, such as data gallery walks.
- Train program staff in learning and evaluation best practices and procedures;
- Develop data-driven program recommendations and learnings, including promising practices and current challenges;
- Collaborate with the communications team to prepare periodic publications to promote the impact of programs to key stakeholders and the general public;
- Write assessment and key learnings reports;
- Present and disseminate evaluation results to internal and external audiences;
- Support the development of organizational and departmental data dashboards.
- Undertake other tasks that are consistent with the position, as assigned by supervisor.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- At least four years work experience in an applied program evaluation role, or equivalent;
- Experience conducting mixed methods evaluations and designing client surveys-with a specific expertise in qualitative methods and analysis;
- Experience collecting, managing, analyzing, and interpreting data from multiple sources;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and facilitating group learning activities;
- Strong written and analytical skills including the ability to synthesize and write about data for non-academic audiences;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working with a diverse group of internal staff and clients;
- A strong commitment to excellence with a focus on the work of mission orientated organizations;
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle tasks and multiple priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- A creative and innovative problem-solver;
- Ability to both work and problem solve independently, and work well in a team;
- Proficient in Microsoft software suite; SPSS, Stata or other data analysis tool; Tableau or other data aggregation and visualization systems; Salesforce or other CRM systems, and the ability to learn new systems quickly and enthusiastically;
- Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of the value of diversity in the workplace, with an ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work isperformed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction.
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Move, Traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); reach with hands and arms; occasionally Ascend/Descend; and position self (to), move.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards.
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight.
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.