Function: Manage all activities for the individual donor annual fund program, including all aspects of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Annual fund responsibilities include personal solicitations as well as a direct mail campaign that will include overseeing the drafting, editing and production of direct mail appeals and related collateral. Manager of Annual Fund will interpret data to analyze trends for outreach campaigns to donors and provide financial results. S/he/They will also work with staff members to create strategies to grow the annual fund. Will be responsible for overseeing daily development systems. Will be required to work weekends and evenings beyond standard work times when duties require.
Apply using this link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2126754
1. Retain, steward and identify existing and new major donor circle members
- Identify, cultivate and steward major donors of AIDS Walk & Run Boston, ARTcetera, Taste of South End and other community events
- Retain and develop all Sustainer and Employee Giving donors
- Cultivate prospective donors, solicit existing donors and and acknowledge all donors
- Create and manage donor outreach strategies to increase participation and upgrade gift levels in each major donor program
- Create and manage donor recognition events and programs such as the annual Red Ribbon Breakfast and the Heroes In Action Cocktail Reception
- Facilitates Moves meetings with development staff to better identify, cultivate, steward and solicit
- Creates program members donor portfolio and calling lists.
- Supervise donor research on existing and prospective individual donors
2. Manage annual fund and all direct mail campaigns to include Fall, Year End and Spring appeals
- Manage and coordinate with the Communications Team all web-based solicitation in support of annual fund solicitation mailings.
- Manage telemarketing and other donor initiatives to identify prospects with the ability to upgrade their level of giving.
- Works with development staff to create database segmentation for direct mail, telemarketing and event activities.
3. Provide direct supervision to development staff and management of the overall fundraising process.
- Oversee the hiring, performance management, and professional development of assigned staff and volunteers.
- Develop work plans and hold regular meetings of staff and/or teams as needed to assure progress toward departmental goals and deliverables.
- Oversee the prompt and accurate entry of gift and donor information, as well as research and actions, into the database, create and coordinate weekly acknowledgement letters and monthly reports of development revenue.
- Manage the creation of lists, reports and templates that allow us to track and segment donor activity and allow us to properly steward our donors.
4. Participate in community events, AAC fundraising events and other activities to build external relationships
- Participate in outreach and recruitment for AIDS Action Events including: AIDS Walk & Run Boston, ARTcetera, Bayard Rustin Community Breakfast, Taste of South End
- Minimum of three years of fundraising experience, with a preference for annual fund and/or direct mail experience.
- Experience managing staff and/or managing, recruiting and training volunteers.
- Experience managing and developing donor clubs and other development incentive programs.
- Raiser’s Edge, Luminate, or other donor database experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills, including the use of donor databases, spread sheets and word processing systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- AIDS Awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a rapid paced, multi-cultural environment.
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.