Job Posting: Media Educator for Summer Media Institute for Teens
Cambridge Community Television is the nationally recognized public access television and multimedia center serving the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts. CCTV seeks a Media Educator to facilitate the Summer Media Institute, a dynamic media arts and work experience program for teens. The Media Educator will work within a team to teach all aspects of media production and support teens as they produce videos reflective of who they are and what they believe. The position will include 10-15 hours of planning time in June (can be done remotely), and will be 30 hours weekly during the 6-week program, which runs from July 1 to August 9. Applicants must be available 5 days per week (9 am to 2 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and 9 am to 3 pm on Thursdays).
Applicants should possess strong teaching and communication skills, excellent media production skills and a desire to work with a diverse community of teens between 14 and 18 years of age. The successful applicant will exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, experience working with a team, and knowledge of and sensitivity to the specific needs of teenagers. Knowledge of DSLRs and camcorders, Mac hardware and software, Adobe Premiere, video production. and ease with all digital technologies is required. Familiarity with the Cambridge community is a plus.
● Working with a team of teaching artists to plan a curriculum and schedule for the 6-week summer program
● Organizing and teaching workshops on pre-production, production, post-production, and media literacy
● Working with teens to manage pre-production for media assignments with a focus on conceptualizing ideas, defining topics, story development, and scripting
● Assisting teens with pre-production, shooting, and post-production for their assignments
● Assisting teens in planning a public screening of their work
The rate of pay is $16.15 to $25 per hour, and is based on experience. Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Cambridge Community Television is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and media sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17. No phone calls, please.