Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) serves thousands of girls in grades K-12 and works in partnership with thousands of adult volunteers. It is also a great place to work! Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls' lives!
We have an exciting full-time position for a Membership Recruitment Specialist. This mobilized position will service areas south of Boston and will report to the Director or Manager of Membership Recruitment.
The Membership Recruitment Specialist is responsible for recruiting new girl and adult members within an assigned region of the Council. Working within the community to build visibility for Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts and to promote the Girl Scout experience, they will develop prospects and leads for conversion to members. They will understand the needs of their region and how to best support the growth of membership within the region. They will leverage sales development techniques and reach membership goals.
- Collects and cultivates leads through emails, phone calls and in person events.
- Develops membership recruitment marketing strategies and implements appropriate tactics to increase membership.
- Utilizes knowledge of social media platforms to develop online marketing campaigns to effectively promote recruitment events.
- Sells Girl Scouting opportunities year-round.
- Creates membership campaigns within region; facilitates and attends recruitment events.
- Recruits adults to troop leadership roles.
- Coordinates recruitment strategies, tactics and logistics with volunteers in the community.
- Executes troop formation meetings after recruitment of girls and adults.
- Has primary responsibility for the online troop opportunity catalog.
- Works with marketing to create recruitment campaign materials and develop tactics.
- Meets with staff team to ensure that girls and adults are properly placed.
- Develops relationships with schools, faith-based organizations and community based organizations to increase membership.
- Recruits key volunteers in each community to help support recruitment.
- Recruits girls, volunteers, and sets up troops.
- Follows-up with communities that have interested girls and finds troop placements.
- Creates shell troops under the direction of supervisor.
- Optimizes use of technology to support customer service for girls and volunteers.
- Documents all member contacts in CEI (Salesforce).
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
- Maintains confidentiality on behalf of the Girl Scout organization and in accordance with the GSEMA Comprehensive Information Security Program (CISP).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Work experience in membership sales.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office software; adept at utilizing social networking; experience using Salesforce.
- Familiarity with digital marketing promotions online groups and pages, parenting blogs, and event calendars.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to develop community collaborations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Capacity to, independently and as part of a team, plan, organize and prioritize work, while managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt well to changing circumstances, direction and strategy.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and personalities.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Valid driver’s license and access to motor vehicle, necessary to carry out responsibilities.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, and be willing to travel throughout the council.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Bilingual skill is desirable.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
Can’t wait to join our team? To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by visiting here: