MSSN Fundraising & Development Consultant
The Massachusetts Sibling Support Network (MSSN) is the only organization in Massachusetts focused on supporting the siblings of people with disabilities. Our network is made up of adult siblings, parents of young siblings, service providers, educators, mental health and medical professionals. We provide information on sibling issues, referrals to sibling services, and social connections for siblings of all ages.
We are seeking a part-time (capped at 15 hours/week) Fundraising & Development Consultant to create a strategic plan for fundraising/development, diversify our funding stream, and help expand our services across the state. This is a one-year contract position with reappointment contingent upon funding.
This position will report directly to our President, Emily Rubin.
- Deep connections within the disability community, including but not limited to community resources in the Metro Boston region
- Understanding of the impact of disability on family members
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings or weekends
- Create fundraising strategy to support the MSSN’s long term vision
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising strategy/ progress
- Attend monthly and quarterly board meeting, by phone and in-person, respectively
- Attend networking events and meetings with potential donors
- Build relationships with high net worth individuals with an interest in the disability and/ or sibling communities
- Build relationships with charitable trusts, foundations, and other organizations in the disability and/ or sibling communities
- Engage in the entire fundraising process, from identification of funding source, to application, to execution