HopeHealth is seeking an experienced and dynamic Fundraising Events Manager to oversee a robust slate of events across the HopeHealth system. HopeHealth's headquarters are based in Providence, Rhode Island. Its affiliate members are Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island, Hope Palliative Care Center, HopeHealth Massachusetts and Visiting Nurse of HopeHealth. This position will be heavily weighted in Massachusetts.
The Events Manager will also work with the marketing department on the production of all event materials including auction catalogues, invitations, public relations and social media. Overall the Events Manager will be able to work within organizational budgets with an emphasis on maximizing existing events. The Events Manager will also supervise a part-time Event Assistant, and must be able to perform all physical, administrative tasks related to events. The Events Manager will also ensure that there is a liaison to all third-party events.
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Philanthropy Massachusetts and working within established policies and procedures, the Events Manager will be responsible for event fundraising management for the HopeHealth system (MA/RI), which includes all financial reporting, budgeting and project management, as well as facilitating volunteer planning committees, in-kind donation solicitations, vendor relations and working with Giving Officers on special donor events and stewardship.
- Manages new and existing annual events such as Evening by the Sea Auction, HopeHealth Walk for Alzheimer's, Celebrate Summer Memories, Memorial Brick Ceremony, Tree of Memories, HHRI Golf Invitational and HHRI Gala
- Responsible for event budgeting, results analysis, and vendor contract negotiations
- Ensures an organizational liaison for all Third Party fundraising events, providing promotional support and attending events
- Supervises a part-time Event Assistant
- Works with gift officers and VP of Philanthropy to coordinate special donor cultivation events
- Works with marketing department on the production of all event materials and public relations
- Writes and/or edits correspondence, solicitations and acknowledgment letters
- Provides day of event coverage
- Works collaboratively with marketing, corporate giving and major gift staff to ensure appropriate leveraging of event volunteers, attendees and donor relationships
- Facilitates all volunteer event committees and manages all event volunteers
- Acts as a liaison to community groups and vendors, as assigned
Assumes additional responsibilities and special duties as assigned
- At least five years of experience coordinating fundraising events for a non-profit with proven track record of success
- Proficient use of MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with donor databases Raiser's Edge and Auction! a plus
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently, under deadlines and multi-task
- Weekend and Evening work required along with travel within HopeHealth's service area encompassing Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Generous paid time and benefit package
Salary range: mid 50s to 60s
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience