Overview: The Office Administrator for Rehearsal for Life, Inc. will be in charge of the company’s business office. They will work closely with the company’s leadership team; will ensure smooth administrative operations, manage our CRM database, and serve as the first point of contact for those who call or personally visit the office. They will provide: administrative and operational support related to finance, HR, IT, accounting, and fundraising/marketing functions, and program support in alignment with the vision, values and goals of the organization. We seek a bright, organized, detail-oriented, efficient, helpful person who is eager to play a central role in a small but fast-paced, high- performing office.
Position status: Exempt, full-time
RESPONSIBILITIES: Office Administration:
● Primary responsibility: CRM database maintenance, reporting, security
● Maintain accurate records and files — both electronic and paper— and provide for the integrity of records through set protocols, timely back-ups, offsite storage, regulated passwords, secured files, etc.
● In coordination with the Accountant, engage in diverse bookkeeping tasks, including processing bank deposits, reconciling monthly petty cash receipts, preparing accounting reports, and help with audit preparation.
● Work with the Managing Director to process payroll for staff, serving as liaison to outside payroll service, and process payments to consultants.
● Handle human resource administration, including new position postings, processing of new-hire paperwork (including CORIs, SORIs), benefit enrollment and administration, personnel records etc.
● Serve as the first point of contact for all visitors/callers/building neighbors, ensuring a welcoming and organized environment.
● Oversee the stocking and, where necessary, purchasing of office supplies, materials, postage, etc.
● Oversee office equipment and troubleshoot routine problems, including technical. Work with outside vendors/service providers as necessary.
● Oversee technical and IT issues, working with outside vendors/service providers as necessary
● Serve as liaison to landlord on routine maintenance, security and related issues.
● Maintain integrity of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
● Support Director of Development with mailings and communications
● Enter all donor information into donor database in a timely and accurate fashion.
● Generate reports and updates as needed or as assigned.
● Support fundraising events as needed, including signature event Banned in Boston.
● Maintain and update website as needed.
• Oversee the timely and accurate processing of new and returning Freelance program student enrollments, prepare all program invoices, and report/reconcile income and expense data with Accountant on a regular basis.
● Provide timely communication to Freelance program staff and parents as needed, providing up- to-date information about enrollment, schedules, performances, emergency closings, etc.
● Maintain program updates on website
● Maintain records for Board of Directors, including meeting minutes, conflict-of-interest questionnaires, etc.
● Send out board and volunteer communication as needed
Perform other duties as directed or as needed.
Key qualifications and characteristics of the successful candidate:
● Commitment to organization’s creative youth development and social change mission
● Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience a plus.
● Superior organizational and analytical skills.
● Excellent time management skills. Proven ability to successfully prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects at one time.
● Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy with the ability to achieve results.
● Experience in managing and maintaining a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
● Ability to interact with all levels of management, staff and volunteers in a friendly and professional manner.
● Self-starter who has the ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
● Strong communication skills.
● Strong administrative skills, including typing, filing, technology.
● Energy, warmth, cheerfulness, and a sense of humor.
● Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in a similar job.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and customer relationship management software (e.g. NEON).
Salary $40,000 – 43,000 Generous benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.