Are you passionate about progressive social justice movements? Are you eager to work in the non-profit and philanthropic sectors? Proteus Fund seeks a full-time Partnership and Communications Associate to be based out of Amherst, Massachusetts.
Proteus Fund partners with foundations, advocates and individual donors to advance democracy, human rights and peace. We work towards the realization of a just, equitable and democratic world. Our current major initiatives work to reform money in politics and protect fair courts; to counter anti-Muslim sentiment and build the capacity of organizations representing Muslim, Arab, and South Asian communities; and to support collaboration between reproductive justice and LGBTQ advocates and faith leaders to protect fundamental rights.
Come be a part of a growing function to serve as the key support associate in coordinating relationships with funding partners, implementing branding efforts, managing data systems, and creating communications material! This is an exciting opening for an enthusiastic and motivated person looking for a fast-paced opportunity to assist in building a new communications focus for a national social justice organization.
As the Partnership and Communications Associate, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with all departments at Proteus Fund, both creatively developing big picture ideas and processes with the Director of Partnership and Communications and tactically implementing new tools and approaches;
- Support partnership staff with prospect and donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts;
- Facilitate the organization’s income processes, including working with finance and project staff to ensure receipt and acknowledgement of funds via grants, gifts, memberships, and online fundraising efforts;
- Support the production of grant proposals and reports as needed for all programs;
- Contribute to monitoring and improving software tools and systems related to communications, partnership, and the organization’s digital presence;
- Contribute to the administration and coordination of the organization’s communications and marketing tools including email, social media, and content for digital and print as well as the Proteus Fund website including updating and refreshing web content, editing and managing news and updates, and ensuring brand integrity;
- Research current issues and trends related to social justice movements and philanthropy
We are looking for an associate with excellent research, problem solving, and analytical skills. You will need to be creative, innovative, curious, and flexible; a thorough big picture, systems-thinker; and be able to thrive in a start-up type of environment. Fluency with digital communications and knowledge of the non-profit and philanthropic sectors as related to social justice movements is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field and 3-5 years of professional experience are preferred.
For immediate consideration, email resume and cover letter to search firm United Personnel, c/o Abbie Emeigh at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2018.