All applications should be submitted online.
Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select Program Assistant, Program Effectiveness to complete our online application process.
Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: Program Assistant, Program Effectiveness
Reports To: Program Officer, Nonprofit Effectiveness
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt FTE: 1 FTE
The Program Assistant, Program Effectiveness works with the Program Officer, Nonprofit Effectiveness and multiple cross-functional staff to provide organizational and administrative support for Program Effectiveness improvement initiatives and to streamline nonprofit partners’ experience with the Program department.
· Provide administrative support for key staff including:
o Calendar management, scheduling and other administrative support for Associate Vice President for Program; and
o Process and submit expense reports and invoices on a semi-monthly basis.
- Support Program Effectiveness initiatives designed to streamline operations, including:
- Provide support for department-wide measurement and evaluation efforts in conjunction with Assistant Director for Programs Data + Insight, including meeting scheduling and management, and generating knowledge management documents and templates for departmental use;
- Manage calendars, conduct note taking for team meetings, and provide general support for cross-functional teams to improve grant applications, grant due diligence, grants management system upgrades, and other operations-related work; and
o Build expertise in and assist staff with grants management and relevant IT systems as issues and questions arise.
- Support a developing body of work focused on nonprofit partners’ grantseeking experience and interactions with the Program department, including:
- Develop regular communication with nonprofit community through e-newsletters, social media content, and other mass communications;
- Draft and edit website messaging and other online content for nonprofit audience;
- Provide technical and administrative support for nonprofit-focused events (grant information sessions, trainings, etc.) including managing timelines and activities in coordination with the Program Officer and Events Team: tracking and coordination of guest lists, invitation mailings and follow up correspondence; assist with occasional events in the mornings (prior to 9:00am) and evenings (after 5:00pm); and
- Field nonprofit inquiries via telephone and email.
· Provide general administrative support to other department team members as requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience; and
- 1 – 3 years of office-based administrative work experience.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Solid organization skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products – especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Salesforce or other database experience strongly preferred;
- Experience supporting updates and improvements to technology a plus;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback in a positive and productive manner;
- Willingness and ability to work outside the regularly scheduled work day as needed; and
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands: examples below
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally.