In the twenty-two years since Travis Roy founded the Travis Roy Foundation (TRF), the amazing generosity of volunteers and donors has created remarkable opportunities for thousands of paralyzed spinal cord injury survivors to live more hopeful and independent lives. The TRF is looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate Program Associate who will complement our small team, helping build the impact and success of the TRF.
The TRF gives out close to $70k each month to survivors of spinal cord injuries and also funds cutting-edge scientific research. Each person on our staff directly impacts individual lives. There is an opportunity for the Program Associate to hone her/his analytical, communication, social media and writing skills by communicating with and about grantees. This enthusiastic person will support and help shape innumerable fundraising events occurring throughout the year, including community Wiffle ball events, hockey tournaments, a running program and increasingly, mission driven fundraising.
The ideal candidate is interested in the nonprofit sector and our mission to help those with paralysis. This person is cheerful, resourceful, versatile, inquisitive, can create calm and order out of chaos, and find humor almost anywhere. You must also be at ease in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment where no day is ever the same and everyone pitches in. This full-time role will be based out of the TRF’s office at 101 Huntington Avenue in Boston, accessible through the Prudential Center.
The Associate will be responsible for key administrative needs of the organization, supporting the current foundation staff of three, myriad activities, and high-level volunteers. He/she will report to the Director of Operations. The Assistant will be encouraged to use their talents and interests to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate.
Program, Development and Communications Responsibilities shall include:
- Assisting with the Adaptive Equipment Grant Process: including applicant communications, data entry, drafting committee materials for review, processing results in database, and applicant and vendor communications.
- Assisting in processing incoming checks, matching gift processing, deposits, and gift acknowledgements.
- Utilizing Raiser’s Edge and other nonprofit software for prospect tracking, donor communications and other CRM utilities.
- Helping coordinate numerous special events throughout the year.
- Social media posts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
General Administrative Responsibilities shall include:
- Maintaining organized, professional office systems and atmosphere.
- Office reception, telephone duty, office supply procurement and equipment maintenance.
- Responding to or routing email and phone inquiries.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate files, both physical and electronic
- Meeting and event coordination, including navigating building security, scheduling, parking, catering, and other special activities.
- Supporting the day to day communications and activities of staff.
- Supporting the work of TRF colleagues, the board of directors and key TRF volunteers.
- Execute the acknowledgement process.
- Other tasks as necessary.
Salary: $42,000 - $47,000. Three weeks paid vacation and other benefits.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- High degree of organization and attention to detail, comfortable juggling multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-directed problem-solver
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, even while pitching in at all levels as a member of a small, versatile team in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous nonprofit experience
- Digitally literate, adept at using MS Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel. Experience with Office365, Raiser’s Edge, and/or TeamRaiser
- Bachelors Degree
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Lisa Kielt by July 22, 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.